free hydrangeas to go.....

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

If you are in the washington area and are interested in mature blue hydrangeas , please let me know . I am in the process of relandscaping my yard and I will have about a dozen of mature hydrangeas free to good home . you dig them yourself this it the only requirement.

What a nice offer. I love hydrangeas. If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be over in your yard digging!

Equilibrium, you can always take a vacation from the cold and come digging. today we are supposed to be in the 50's not bad for January....

50's? That's weather we get a little bit of next April ;)

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Yes, I hope someone is near enough to you to rescue the hydrangeas. I hate to see good plants go to waste, and I've been seen more than once butt-up in the dumpster behind our local nursery . . .

Guy S.

Nikko Blues... everyone!

orchidfancy probably has Nikko Blue Hydrangeas that sell for around $15.99 per gallon.

Yes they are nikko blue but put some lime around their roots and they turn a nice shade of pink........

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hello.......I am very near you..(in Ruxton Md.)..I would be interested in coming and digging. Let me know when and all that stuff...Nancy

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well to let you all know....today my husband and son and I went and dug up EIGHT Hydrangeas from this very nice French lady. We have already planted 6 and will do the other two tomorrow. I am thrilled at your generosity orchidfancy. Remember...... come to my garden in the spring....Nancy

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

That's great! A plant-rescue success, and also a successful meeting face to face with another forum person!

Guy S.

Levilyla you are quick , I am glad because it really was getting colder as you left and I believe that Baltimore is few degrees even colder than College Park. Thank you for rescuing the hydrangeas I am sure that you will enjoy them as much as I have and that they will bloom for you this summer.
Looking forward to see your garden in the spring. Christiane

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

How mature were those hydrangeas? Are they hard to dig up? We moved here 5 yrs. ago and the original owner of our house must have loved hydrangeas because they planted one entire side of our house with them and even some around on the back side. They were pruned back last year and by golly, they came back in full force, and we're thinking of having every other one dug up. Maybe there was a reason they planted them on that side of the house besides loving that beautiful flower. Wished I knew what variety they were. Some are blue, some are blue and pink. How deep are the hydranges's roots? We worked 5 hr. on a forsythia bush 2 yrs. ago and would like to remove another one but it'll have to stay or wait until somebody that does landscaping every day comes along.

Orchidfancy..have you found a source over in College Park or PG county that sells Promix products? I think I checked with Benhke's and they don't.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.