mimosa

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

I am looking for a place that sale mimosa plants. I live in the Washington D.C. area and I think that I could do well with it in a large pot. I have carolina jasmine blooming next to my house and I think that mimosa would do well there too. I have looked for suppliers on the net with no results other than for companies in the U.K. Does anybody know anything about finding this plant and where?

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

You could try ForestFarm but I can tell you most people are now considering Mimosa as being a weed more than a tree. However in MD they may not be as invasive as in the south.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I was wrong, forestfarm doesn't sell mimosa.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

orchid,
try here: http://davesgarden.com/ps/search.php?search_text=mimosa&submit=Search

Hi orchidfancy, welcome to DG. Why don't you do a google search for albizia. I think you might find some interesting information if you are in a position to set aside some time to learn about the plant you want for your yard. If after you poke around the internet and determine Mimosa isn't for you, please come back and perhaps members here can offer some suggestions as to what might be planted that would pose less long term issues for you.

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

actualy the type of mimosa that I was talking about is acacia dealbata which bloom's yellow . The albizia used to grow quite well even too well in the state of Maryland untill some blight killed almost all of them. I had one in my yard 30 years ago and it was beautifull and it died like all the others.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

orchid,
The link I provided shows that Hudson sells the seeds of it. I didnt find anyone that sells the plant though.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

A friends nursery has Acacia dealbata. It might be easier to order in seed though. You might also want to try one of these Acacias: http://www.australiaplants.com/au_plants_a-b-c.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.