Weight Loss Challange Jan. 8-15, '06

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I can't sleep for some reason and don't think I want to risk taking anything more to induce sleep so here I am at the keyboard. I think I may have just not taken my Tamazapam with my bedtime stuff because this is unusual for me to be awake like this if I take it. On the other hand, if I took it and I'm just having a really hyper spell another dose of anything that induces sleep could be a bad idea.

Jack made a flying trip to the VA Urgent Care Unit(same as an ER in most hospitals) yesterday afternoon after the doctors in the foot clinic over there reconsidered their position on co operating with the local doctor. Our house guest and one of her friends took him so I could stay at work and earn van gas money . .:) The UCU doctor called me about 7 p.m. and asked for a complete story of this whole thing which was completely new to him. Anyway, he said he didn't think there was any infection that he could see and to wait for the culture taken Thursday afternoon in Marshall to come back before expecting them to give him any antibiotics of any kind. I can see his point of view. The wrong one could just cause more problems and not do him any good. He could see no drainage at that time and our friend said she didn't see any either. Apparently all the stuff was removed on Thursday and no more had built up at that time. So he got to come back home. He was so glad to get to sleep in his own bed after all. I am happy he came home too tho they took a packed suitcase with them just in case he had to stay. They came by the cafe' on the way home just in time to pick me up from work. We will get get the results of the culture next week and let them know what it showed. At any rate we have to go back on Tuesday for an appointment in dermatology. Jack has had a lot of skin tags show up over the past couple of years and he wants to see if they will remove them. He is also getting a lot more of the brown moles and spots on his back and upper arms. The moles and brown spots could be related to the hemochromotosis. We have had to cancel that appointment at least twice so we really must go this time.

I'm sure poor Howie will be hungry when he wakes up from surgery Monday! I understand about preping for surgery. But I don't quite understand about no red meat for a day. What is the reasoning behind that? Yes, he is certain to lose weight this next week.

Vic, I don't understand the weight gain in such a short time either but have had it happen to me more than I care to think about. What I would like to know is how one can go to the bathroom and get rid of a lot of waste material and then weigh either the same or more as a few minutes before? Somehow that just doesn't make sense to me.

There is a chill in the air in here right now. I think I'll put on a sweater or something. Going back to bed is pointless so I may as well stay here. I can't really do anything without risking awakening everyone else. If I shut bedroom doors those room start to get cold quickly. I can do some resistance strap and isometric exercises tho. And write some overdue letters. This is such a boring time to be up!

Mini, I'll check FL forum about the chickens. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Pebble, I suspect you are nearly in the new house by now. Or at least packed and ready to go? Moving so quickly is hard work. Thankfully I haven't moved in over 30 years and that was just a mile up the road but I've helped others move and know how much work it can be. Having a mover come in to do the big items is a great help. Most people I know have had to rely on family and friends to help them with big heavy items.

Marylyn, I can understand about being glad to be just yourselves again. We have felt that way at times. Then other times I wish I had someone to rely on for help like we have right now. Our guest can do so much running, etc. for me. I am hoping this will be a more or less permenant move for her. We both think we can get along quite well living together and we have plenty of room in this big house. Time will tell. There is a lot going on in her life right now and she needed a break from it all. Too many people pulling in every imaginable direction and it was wearing her down. Then she walks into this situation with Jack and I and has helped take over for me sometimes. Poor woman.

I've been doing ok with the eating. I did have a cookie at work today. Strickly stress eating but it did taste good. It was one of those Monster cookies with oatmeal and p. butter. Maybe those gave it some redeeming values. I haven't weighed in a few days so that is due to be done. I too like to weigh early in the morning. I need to make a diabetic dessert for the church dinner on Sunday. If the pie crusts and lemons were purchased last night as requested I'll make some lemon chess pies. I'll also make a large pan of green bean casserole.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 81 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!