mokey flower

Coeur D Alene, ID(Zone 5a)

Anyone grow it? I just ordered some seeds. Any suggestions to getting it started? How big have yours gotten?
Thanks for the info!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

I have grown mimulus seeds for the last few seasons. They are really easy to start. Just sprinkle the seeds on the surface of your seed mix. I have had these blooming under lights within 6-8 weeks. Last year I started pinching them a lot to get bushiness so the bloom took longer.

Dott

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

I received a free packet of them last year with a seed order. I had never heard of them before. I winter-sowed them, and I swear every single seed germinated, lol! I had them coming out the ears! I gave lots away.

I had mimulus cardinalus (sp?) and mine got to be about a foot high, I think. I had mine in full sun though, and I was just reading the other day that they can take some shade, so maybe they were not in an ideal spot.

:)
Dee

Great! For some reason, I thought they were picky. I just realized my typo at the top too! :-) I'm looking forward to seeing them!

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Hi,mosc0022

I have grown several kinds of Mimulus .
They are said to like moist soil because they are ordinally grow by the stream.
I usually sow them in autum.
These are Mimulus luteus and cardinalis.
They are both species and 1-2ft high.

Tomtom

Thumbnail by Tomtom
OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

This Mimulus is dwarf D
I planted them in the hangingbaskets.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Tomtom, Beautiful pictures. I really like the second with the planters.

I just bought Mimulus "Andean Nymph" and I am hoping they look as lovely as their pictures.

Dott

TomTom, thank you for the pictures! I hope the seeds I bought look like those hanging baskets! They are beautiful! I am surprised at the growth habit in the other pictures - they aren't how I thought they would be. I bought Mimulus x hybridus Mimulus Magic Yellow with Red Blotch from Park Seeds. Any idea what these will look like?

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

Hi Dott,
Thank you for taking a look at my picture.
The red Mimulus in the right pic is what I grew for the first time.
Its flowers were unique in shape and the plant itself grew so vigorous.
But the flowers were not so many in number,as you might see in the picture.
Your Mimulus "Andean Nymph" looks so lovely on the catalogue and I have tried couple of times to germinate them in vain.
I 'm looking very much forward to seeing your picture.

===================================

mosc0022,

The Mimulus you bought sound like ones in my hangingbaskets.
I'm sure gorgeous flowers will come out!

Tomtom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.