Looking for "Persian" cucumber seeds

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I just got back from California.While I was there,I bought some Persian style cucumbers.I would love to grow them but can't find anyone who sells the seeds.Has anyone heard of these seeds being offered for sale?

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya downscale_babe

I love those things!

try this link, they list them for sale and all seed is open pollinated.

best to you,
don

http://www.ecoseeds.com/#anchor11

Thank you Don
I think I will be doing alot of business with this company.They have alot of things I am looking for.

Congrats on your Salvia bloom.I have only 4 varieties at this time but I will be starting more this winter.Seeds from Richter's.

Nancy

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

That's super!

Can't wait to see pics of your blooms.

best,
don

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

I have the 'Armenian' cucumbers, long thin with a very milky green skin. Is this similar to the cucumber you are speaking of?

Melissa

Melissa
It doesn't sound like the same thing.The important part is that they are meant to eat raw,are not waxed,have no hard seeds and taste really refreshing.Trader John's (we don't have one here) sells them for about $1.99 a lb. but I paid $3.99 in Iranian stores.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I have some Armenian Cucumber seeds from last year - I got them at Target. You are welcome to have them. We only planted two and lost them to some critter if I remember right. Here is a link - looks just like the picture. http://www.foodsubs.com/Squcuke.html Now we just buy them at the Asian market. Let me know if you want some seeds!

-Kim

Thanks Kim
The Armenian cuc is not the same as the persian cuc (although alot of Armenian's lived or live in Iran (persia).On the web site you sent there are pictures of both, as well as the mediteranian cuc which actually looks like the persian.That web site is great!

I ordered 2 packs of the Armenian from the place that Dr.Don told me about.They are more expensive than any other cuc but if they grow well for me it will be worth it.I can send you a few seeds if you would like and I'll take a few of the Armenian.

The seeds haven't arrived yet.I'll let you know when they do.

I also ordered grape tomatoes and a collection of the 7 hottest peppers in the world.The peppers will be a birthday pesent for my son-in-law.

Nancy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.