Good morning

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Starting the day off above freezing two days in a row - heat wave! Still, I think it's brisk enough for a cup of hot tea. Water's hot and plenty to go around.

Last week's snow is just about all melted, except for the back patio that doesn't get any sun this time of year. When the sun is up, you can see over the yellow-brown hills to the giant Sierra Nevada mountain range - and even from 50 miles away, they are still imposing in their glittery-blue-white winter coats.

Fencing is coming along well - gets done in fits and spurts as we can afford it. I'm sure home depot and the lumber yard are happy we moved in! We're deffinately boosting the economy here :-) And while DS is being a generally pain-in-the-you-know-what (he's 15, what can I say?), helping his dad build this 500 linear foot fence has been good for both of them. My job in all of this? To provide an endless supply of hot chocolate. Works for me!

I didn't know we had so many cows in the neighborhood. I was outside the other day during what must have been bovine dinner time. And whomever was supposed to bring dinner was obviously late as there was quite a noisy ruckus down the road. Of course, this started the handful of cows kitty-corner from us to chime in. Then, apparently, somewhere behind us, someone has a few head of cattle, too, because their was mooing from that section, too. Then there was the sound of a truck and a few moments later, everyone was quiet - happily munching, I am supposing. Once the main group settled in, I guess everyone else no longer felt like they had to complain, too, and quiet settled back down around us. I forget sometimes that while the sounds in the country are different, it is certainly not "quiet".

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Counting my blessings. -K

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!