Wanna Play?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Anyone care to guess who this lovely is?

Thumbnail by jody
Lula, GA

Jody

I'ld love to play but don't do too well with knwoing lots of hostas yet by sight- I'm clueless on this one!

Now, if you'll just give us a clue ...................... !!

good luck to somebody who's got a better eye for this than me!

Brenda

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Jody~

That's gorgeous! Do you have a list of possibles we could choose from?

Thornton, IL

Jody - that's beautiful! Whatever it is.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Is it 'Little Sunspot'? I have that one, and it looks a lot like it.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Is it Dream Weaver or Great Expectations?

I like the idea of a clue or list of possibles.

Sandy

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

That was quick! :) Yes, it's H. Little Sunspot! Great Job!

I'll add another but probably can't get back on here with the answer until real late tonight or early a.m.

I Love this one, it's one of my favorites in the spring when it's brightest, it's not very big...

Thumbnail by jody
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm going to guess 'Grand Prize'.

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

See everyone this is what I mean about look alike. Look at this and at my Polar Moon on the next page of post. This looks just like my other baby Polar Moon. Bet I could pass one off as the other if the flowers are the same color.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

oz~

You're right. A lot of baby hostas look exactly the same. It's not until they're grown up that you can see the difference.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

My guess is also 'Grand Prize'

Kelly

Flowerfrenzy: I do not think some change much. that Polar moon has looked that color since it had 3 leaves.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

You're right, oz. Sometimes all that changes is the texture or leaf shape.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

flower, your too good! Yes H. Grand Prize it is. That little hosta is sooo bright in the spring, it almost lights up. Then the color fades as the season progresses.

Ok, how about this one...

Thumbnail by jody
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Just saying hi to Jody. Happy New Years

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Hi Jim!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! So GOOD to SEE you!!! How are ya? Hows Bobbie? Happy New Years to you, Big Hugs!!! Drop me a note when you get the time.

ok, back to playing... any guesses?

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Aw, don't have that one either. I know it's not Francee because the white margins are much wider. Hmmmm.....

Sandy

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm going to guess 'Zippity Do Dah' or 'Silk Kimono'. I guess it could be a young 'Alligator Shoes' too.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm going to guess 'Zippity Do Dah' or 'Silk Kimono'. I guess it could be a young 'Alligator Shoes' too. That's a hard one because so many look like that, especially when they're young plants.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

No fairseys ff got FOUR guesses! LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I know, LOL. I didn't know if that was fair or not. If I only get one guess, my first choice would be 'Zippity Do Dah'.

Sandy keet that thought about it is not francee. Hold it till june.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Nope

Here's a hint: The plant pictured was purchased young and had been planted in the garden for 2 full years at the time of that pic.
A mature clump is 24w x 12"h with 22" flower scapes. It is not a loose clump. The leaves are a medium blue-green with a 1/2" creamy white margin. There is glaucous bloom on the top and the bottom of the leaf. The leaf is ovate with a rounded base and is considered to be moderately wavy. It is a rapid grower. There is little comparison between a small plant and a mature one. An adult plant is a real eye-catcher. The flowers are medium lavender and tubular.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Oh goody, a hint! Well, typing all that into google didn't work LOL.

I kinda looks like 'So Sweet'?

Sandy

My God Jody after I read that paragraph. I had to go have a beer. I have trouble following instructions much less that discription.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Okay. I'm going to guess it's 'Dark Star'

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

LOL Sandy! Next time just copy and paste, thats what I did to put the hint here ;)

LOL@ oz

Ok, maybe that was too much hint for you flower, yes Dark Star :)

Here is one of my favorites: this one was at a friends house

Thumbnail by jody
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Ooooh! Love that one. I'm not going to guess for a while so I can give someone else a chance.

Flowerfrenzy Please guess. She will write another hint and drive me to drink.

FLOWERFRENZY what are you waiting for GUESS GUESS before she write a hint. Please get it right OK.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

No fair,,,I had too many Margarita's today,,,,ROFLOL Friends came over and we kinda started to play cards and have a *couple*,,,,,my couple is a couple x 5,,,,,,LOL

oz,
we'll be good partners on the ops mission,,,,ah,,,,lol

Kelly

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Oz, you're a hoot!

ff, how are you getting all these correct? I'm so impressed!

Jody, I don't think I have this one either so I'll wait for the hint (sorry oz)

Kelly, I'm impressed with you too....all those margarita's and no spelling mistakes!

Sandy

Well good night ladies I am going to have a unconfused say tomorrow I will fish and practice horseshoes. In neither case will I get headaches from hints. Now spelling that is my strong point.

Thornton, IL

Is it Frances Williams? Or some such, ha ha.

LOL @ Kelly. Shame, shame (rubbing one finger on top of another).

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Okay, since no one else is guessing I'll take a stab at it. How about 'Gold Regal'?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Good try ff. Here's a good hint, maybe this one won't give oz the urge to drink, and it should pretty much give it away... Gold Regal is somehow related to it...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

How about 'Nigrescens'?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sandy,
I'm just that good,,,,LOL

oz,
good luck with the unconfusing day,,,,if you manage it,,,let me know how to do it,,,,,,LOL

PG,
I was home and not driving,,,,,LOL

Actually I prolly didn't have as many as I thought I had,,,,they just hit me faster with my meds,,, I've gotten to be quite a cheap date in the last couple of years,,,,LOL

My guess is 'Golden Eagle'

Kelly

Thornton, IL

kELLY - no need to explain. I'm also a cheap date, I can't drink much at all. That doesn't make us BAD, just no excuse when we go bananas. LOL. I'm going crazy waiting for warm weather, is it spring yet??

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

PG,
Not really explaining,,,just saying what a cheap date I am,,,,LOL I'm also waiting for spring,,,my hands are freezing while I'm typing,,,,,,fingers don't want to move,,,LOL

Well, back to the laundry and cleaning the Bathroom,,,,grrrrrr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.