Mirabilis (4 O'Clocks) Warning!

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's the pink brug thread:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/499411/

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

ooooooooo, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

If y'all want some brug seeds for postage or trade, D-mail me. I am cleaning out my seed box. I tossed a bunch in a tupperware bowl, they're all assorted kinds, mostly pinks.

(Zone 7a)

Shirley1Md, Dravencat and Jutzz traded some brugs last summer to me - thanks to them, am now trying to winter 7 of them over the winter. I honestly don't know if they will survive my ignorant ministrations, but Elaine and Gren and anyone I missed who is currently brug-less, why don't y'all dmail me too in May or June to remind me to send you some cuttings?

One of Shirley's bloomed around the time of last frost for us, and the fragrance still haunts my schnozz.

I wouldn't rest, if I were y'all, before I obtained a brug were these not to survive me.

Karen

PS - Shirley said brugs bloom best in their second year from seed, if I remember correctly.

(Zone 7a)

PS - http://www.sandymushherbs.com/ has quite a few brugs for $7

I have extra insignis pink rooted cuttings also that can go in the spring for postage if they survive the cool spell we're having right now as I'm not covering them at this point.

I'm so envious of you warm zones, spring seems sooo far away. It is 54 and raining here today, I was out in it for an hour putting around pretending it was going to last, they say its gonna turn cold and snow tomorrow,
sadly the sent of brugs is a fond but distant memory for me...
I gotta stop thinking about it I'm about to cry.....

Hey this is central Florida and it's not much warmer and the wind is whipping right now.
I have an old home with leaking windows/doors and no insulation in the walls. As I sit here, I get little gusts of cold air blowing through. I can' wait for spring. I plan to take out a Home Equity Loan and do some major work around here including new windows, roof and attic insulation.
Jan...

This message was edited Jan 14, 2006 12:28 PM

What has happened to our weather? Brrrr. I woke up today and it's c o l d. *smile*
... Elaine

Elaine,
That was no reason to send it down here. LOL
Jan...

Sorry! LOL

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

We had it here and I'm glad it's gone now. Today was nice, upper 70's, sunny, light breeze....we need rain.

some kind person please show some pictures!
*twitch...twitch*

This message was edited Jan 14, 2006 9:29 PM

somewhere, PA

Here's a cyclamen I started from seed. (Let's pretend its fragrant so it'll fit this forum.)

Thumbnail by Tammy

wow very pretty
*sniff sniff* smells like computer screen!

somewhere, PA

Does this one smell a little better?

Thumbnail by Tammy

I just spied my hubbys laptop while he wasn't looking....
he just won a bid on ebay for a digital camera and printerdock with a tripod!!!!!!! GEE I wonder whos birthday (thats on monday) is for????
I'll be sharing with you guys real soon!!!! YEAH!!!!!
happy birthday to ME!

sorry I HAD to get that out!!!
Back to smelling flowers!
Tammy that is very pretty! is that picture true to color?

somewhere, PA

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Did you get cake? Chocolate? Flowers?

Its pretty close - maybe just a bit brighter from the flash. A tropical hibiscus
wintering in my greenhouse.

Thanks it for my blooms. Someone else is going to have to provide you some
birthday blooms now. (Unless you want summer time blooms).

At this point I'm just happy to see flowers. I told my mom this morning that she may have to put me in a twelve step program. The only thing keeping me sane is catologuing my garden activities for season 2005, and my hord of house plants, dumpster rescues, and can't forget DG!

somewhere, PA

I know what you mean! Seed catalogs & seed starting. That's what keeps me going.
(But DG seems be eating into my time a lot lately too LOL)

I think I'm gonna go to the dump for my birthday. I want some old windows, I'm in need of a new cold frame, my old one isn't going to be big enough, (seems like I'm having a very ambitious spell)

Awww I want a greenhouse ... or a potting shed ... or just a potting bench. LOL ;)
Anyway, happy birthday!

Thanks Elaine!
Hey you can make a potting bench ya know
heres how
look for a hutch or other type of furniture that has the feeling of a potting bench. I used a dresser with a weird headboard from (I'm guessing)a waterbed, put the headboard on top of the dresser spray painted the thing a few times and tah dah!!! it even has drawers for tools n stuff!
have I mentioned I have four kids and little money for such things as potting benches and the like, besides I'd rather buy FLOWERS!!!!
; )

Wonderful idea and a great imagination! Thanks for some excellent ideas.
... elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.