Not in the garden but...what the heck is this?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

We are tearing down are walls in the garage (due to damage from Rita) and found these "eggs" we aren't seeing any wood damage etc. Anyone have an ideas what this is?

Thumbnail by araness
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

can you describe the size and texture of those eggs?

and the little black things, are they bugs?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

the eggs are like little tiny birds eggs, thin and about the size of a M&M. The black stuff is a combo of dirt dead bugs and what looks like poo from something. As I said this was in the garage wall when we torn it down to stud, the wall behind it is brick. No holes etc so Serg and I can't figure out what or how the heck whatever it is got in and out.

BTW remind me to send this memory next week so I don't forget...you know how I am.

South Portland, ME(Zone 5b)

They look like the gecko eggs we found around the house in Hawaii... so perhaps that or a relative? NO, not geicho :)

Kat

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

duhh why didn't that even enter my mind...we have small little lizzards as while as a larger slime lookin black version. Thanks Ohanakat

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

We found those too when we were pulling down insulation Im so happy to know what they are! I was just expecting to find some strange creature in the house! I can live with a gecko. We havnt seen them in the house but they love my garden!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.