Heirloom Amaryllis Seeds - looking to trade

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I have some seeds from the plant in the picture. The mother plant is about 50 years old, and these are easy to grow from seed. I will send a PDF with info to anyone interested.

I'm very interested in bulbs, would be interested in seed swapping, but if you don't have any, I'll be glad to just send them to anyone while they last. Should have more in the spring.

Thumbnail by Ladyborg
Denver, CO

Quite nice- Do you have the cultivar name? You probably know that sowing fresh seed as soon as possible is best for them.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

James, no I don't know the name unfortunately, because they are so old, and no one in the family cared about them except me. The name was not preserved. I would LOVE to know what it is, they measure about 7" across. I have a coral one from the same era too, but no seeds, they didn't produce well last year.

If anyone can help ID these old cultivars, you can see pictures at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ladyborglu/album?.dir=edb0&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ladyborglu/my_photos

I know the seeds are best sown fresh, these seeds are only about 6 months old. I have sown seeds older than that successfully.

If anyone is interested, and they don't produce for you, I'll resend when I get some fresh.

Thumbnail by Ladyborg
oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Ladybourg, I would love some of these. I can send you US stamps and a SASBE, or we could do a trade - I have a list of seeds for trade on my tradelist. Thanks.
Maggi xxxx

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Ladyborg~

I'd like to get some of your spring batch of seedswhen they come.

We can work out the details later. I hope to have some amaryllis seeds too by then, but may have other seeds to trade if you want to do that. I can send SASBE etc. or whatever.

D-mail me whenever.
Robert.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Sorgina,

Send me your address, no SASE necessary. I'll get about 50 or more seeds to you in the mail immediately.

Raydio,

I'll make a note to remind me to contact you when I have a fresh crop. I'm new to this site, I'm not sure if there's a way to keep track of buddies here. But I will make an Outlook reminder.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.