Arthritic Tree?

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

My son captured this twisted, crooked tree in all it's beauty as we hiked in the loess soil river bluffs overlooking Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge. My kids and I had a wonderful hike on these Missouri River bluffs and took advantage of our mild weather we are having this last day of 2005. We saw critter tracks, beautiful timber, wildlife, prairie, and the unique loess soil river bluffs. The loess soil is believed to be a windblown glaciated soil deposited in a handful of places in the world. This tree looked as if it was crippled or stoked up from age but is alive.

cuckoo

Thumbnail by cuckoo4rblackbe

That tree looks as if it has arms reaching out to grab you. Great photo!

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

I'm excited here because I just did my first photo thread on Dave's! My children who are very computer literate spoon feed me thru this process. I am stuck in the mud when it comes to computers so am thankful for my kids help here. I will keep plugging away and hope to get much better at this. This tree was so neat up close in the timber with the afternoon light shining on it.

Also want to wish everyone Happy New Year including this very old arthritic tree!!!

cuckoo

Happy New Year back at you and....
My kids spoon feed me too so don't feel bad. Congratulations on your first post!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

You young people with geek kids are taking unfair advantage of us codgers! Luckily, the basic things are so simple here at DG that even I can do most of it.

Guy S.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.