another one #929

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

wow! very pretty!!

Lebanon, OR

similar but not the same...yes I like these both

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

The second one was WOW - was there anything that that one is missing?

Lebanon, OR

Both are even more lovely than the picture. I want to try to get better pictures this year. They are similar in color but the form, the hafts make each one a winner.

D

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

both are gorgeous .
what is bud count ? branching ? increase ?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous x 2!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Incredible blooms! Love the color combo---

Lebanon, OR

branching first year here was 3, bud count 5 to 7 but like Barry Blyths iris it takes a year to adjust. Increase was 4-6 on each mother. So the true proof in the pudding will be this year.

He has a seedling that he gave me, it is a median that has almost the same coloring as Strozzepretti and he said if I really liked it I could introduce it. I am thinking about but will if I do I will do a dual intro, him as the hybridizer and me for introduction. I made several crosses with it this year. Curious to see the blooms.

D

Lebanon, OR

Here is 924

Lebanon, OR

Here is N701

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Dee, the 2nd one is one that you stop and take another look at.
Beautifullllll!!!!

Maxine

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

fingers crossed it keeps that bud count or even gets better yes 3 years is what i am suppose to see in garden before voting

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Dee, here is the photo I took of 929 when John and I visited your place. The coloring is very different from your photo.

Thumbnail by mgh
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow they are all knock outs!

Lebanon, OR

Mendy I will have to see come spring. Thank you. Yours is even prettier.

D

Lebanon, OR

Mendy

You had me very curious so I checked out the stake number behind this picture and that is a super picture of n7-01 by going to the chart.

But now as I said I will be watching super close. Most of newer seedlings are just killer in my minds eye.

That is a super picture regardless of the number and thank you for sharing it with us.

D

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow! All these seedlings are a great inspiration for our future gardens. Tazzy, I'm crossing my fingers that your baby makes it thru the winter in my bed.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Wow! I LOVE number one - are the colors similar in real life? And the second pic. of 929 is terrific! You've given me inspiration to keep on keeping on through another Iowa winter (sigh...) Thank you, Dee!
Sharon

Lebanon, OR

To be truthful here in OR they are even better colors. Strozzepretti is even richer than the pictures.

Winter is LONG, too long for flower people.

When we moved to this house, the only thing that bloomed, flowered etc on 10 acres where a flowering plum, two rhoddies and one azalea. Everything was jupiters, firs, conifers etc...so it took 4 years to get them almost gone. Now alot of flowering plants.

D

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

ALL SO BEAUTIFUL...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.