Cheers to tearing down walls!

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

The day we bought our house we already planned to knock out walls and make it "our home"
M and I are casual, comfortable people and dislike what we call "redundant space".
I.E. A formal living room (useless) and a smaller family room (silly) since you spend most your time there.
We prefer the Great Room style floor-plan.

Our traditional-formal living room & dining room combo was long and narrow.
But there was hope....
To one side was a large storage closet.
(another one of my pet peeves - if I have a huge junk closet I will pack it, to over flowing, with huge amounts of junk.)

Here's the deal, we want to make our family room into a large Kitchen & Dining Room combo that is open to the Living Room.
The TV alcove in the family room would be perfect for the refrigerator.
The corner closet in the living room would be perfect for the TV
The wall that housed the frigerator could then be opened up to living room
Sounds confusing, I know - but really it's not and I hope the photos will make it all clear.

If the Living Room closet was opened up it would widen the room making it both more physically and visually comfortable.

M asked me what I wanted for Christmas and since 50 acres of land in California was not within our immediate (or long range) budget and a personal yoga instructor was out, I talked M into tearing down walls - 3 days before hosting a Christmas Eve dinner.

The corner closet walls removed and the area opened up to make a place for the TV.

I don't want to hear anything about drywall dust in the air, I think the orbs were created from my excitement!

Dove

Thumbnail by dovey
This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!