Terrarium shout-outrecommendations??

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

I received three lovely terrariums for Christmas.....small tabletop, medium on a stand, and a large Victorian on a stand. Anyone have any suggestions on what I just HAVE to have in them?? The medium-sized one is setup already w/two episcia stolons, two begonia starts, some moss, two bromeliads and a couple of other "stick-ins."

Other than B. Buttercup, what *must* go into my new terrarium collections??

=) MKJ

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

C'mon, guys! I KNOW somebody has some recommendations for me..............;-)

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I tried to find the link to one I bought as U075 but it wasn't the same when I went to the ABS site. It's a beauty! For sure a terrarium gal.

If I can find it in my big book I'll shoot you a link. What about b. bogneri we had a shot of it in the yahoo forum and it's a beauty!

Joolster can you post it here?

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, girlie, where would a chick FIND this b. Bogneri?? lol

did you see a photo of it? Joolster posted it in another forum. Also consider b. foliaosa and just keep it 'bonsaied'

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Here is a picture of B. bogneri. It's a great terrarium plant.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Ah, great idea, Crazii..........foliosa--a fav, and a local......here next to the computer! lol And, you know, my newest begonia book had some info on B. bogneri.....one strange-looking begonia?! So strappy....

MKJ

p.s. Thanks for the pic, Jooolster. =)

Alexandria, OH(Zone 5b)

MKJ,
You might try B. bipinnatifida (B. warburgii). Sorry, I don't have a picture. It's a great little bronze-colored fern leaf begonia.

Chris

YES b. bipinnatifida is a good one. I've only killed two of the now! LOL, I didnt put it in a terrarium like I should have. And our zero % humidity summers weren't kind to it! I did have the pleasure of having it for about 8 months before it finally kicked the bucket.

Thanks Jool, PLEASE post more of your photos in this forum WE NEED YOU!! Especially to the plant files!

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I like ferns...begonias, parlor palms..It really depends if you want an arid or a wet terrarium

My FAVORITES are sinningia by far though :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.