New from soaked North. CA.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Since it's too wet and muddy to go out and play I thought I'd stop in and say Howdy. Been roaming around the site and having a blast. Love the pictures and added info. Well Howdy again off to roam some more. Lauri

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello, and welcome to Davesgarden. I spend a lot of time here and will never get to read it all. Tell us a bit about yourself. Today I am getting part of the same storm you have, only mine is white and several inches deep.

Hello and Thanks, My husband spent some time in Baker when he was younger. We have an acre here and are still re-doing parts and moving things even after 12 years. On the to do list is a paver patio with a fire pit in the middle, and maybe a bar-b-que on the side and a water feature in the back yard. We have a raised bed vegetable garden, a few fruit trees and lots of flower beds. This year I'm trying winter sowing for my pereninnals and the vegis, hopefully it will work out. I enjoy feeding and watching the birds and the squirrels and just being outside. But not now as we're still getting lots of rain tooo much as all the beds are under water and now high winds. This is such a fun site and I am still reading when I don't get side tracked and roam off else where on here. Lauri

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello from snowy upstate new york

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Dave's from Northwestern Missouri. Lots to do here and hope you like it here. On second thought I know you will!!! Welcome again.

cuckoo

Crossville, TN

Welcome from a very dry Arizona! Jo

Douglasville, GA(Zone 7a)

Welcome from beautiful Georgia!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

HI Lauri a big Welcome to you from Michigan..!!I'm a newbee too and is'nt it fun here seeing all the beautiful gardens??Lotta nice folks here with great advice..Have fun..!!

Loretta...

Hello all,Thanks again. I'm having a blast looking at all the sites and reading everything. Loretta, my gardens pale to most but I'm trying. Lauri

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Lauri,Welcome to Dave`s most of us here are just plain
garden nuts we`re harmless(most of us anyway)
so jump right on in and join the fun.
Pheadra

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi welcome.. lots to see here..

Twyla

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome "Neighbor"
This is an awesome site.. more knowledge than anyone could ever soak in. Hope you join in.
Joyce

Hello and thanks again everyone, Love this site and tried to join the chat room but am having problems posting, ahhhh my life story.. I've discovered a new passion here.... Brugs, now I've got to have one or three :) Lauri

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Lauri, that's what happened to me, only a couple of months ago, I actually had a dining room! Gave it up for Brugs.. no regrets at all..

Hi Lauri..Are you still having fun??I think I'm also getting hooked on Brugs...I think It's a good thing,right??!

Loretta..

Hi Loretta, I'm having a great time!! Brug addiction is a GOOD thing, At least I hope :o) Lauri

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

lauri--Add my welcome to everyone else's. Great to have you on DG. Don't just stick to the Brug forum--stop by and visit perennials, bulbs, wintersowing, and all the others, too. With an acre you have a lot to play with and talk about.

I am trying to figure out where Anderson is without looking at a map. Any clues?

Have a great day. t.

Hi and thanks,I'm about 10 miles south of Redding or 4 hours North of Sacramento. Oh I lurk in many of the forums and am taking copious amounts of notes, LOL if I can read them later, that is another story... Lauri

Lauri ...I heard your getting alot of rain again..I hope all is well with your plants..Do alot of them die on you with all that water or float away?

Loretta..

I had to edit for wrong spelling..

This message was edited Jan 17, 2006 11:48 PM

Hi Loretta, some of them got flooded out so I just started over on maybe 6 containers. We're going to get 3 days with just chance of showers so I'm happy....Lauri

Did you plant anymore?Hows that winter sowing going,did you get it done yet?? ;o)))

Loretta...

101 pots. I used all my 6 packs and then all my 4" pots then ran to dollar store and bought a gillion plastic cups and finished. Several are sprouting . The cleome look like grass, I think I may have gotten them a little thick. :o)) How are yours coming?

Lauri a little thick I would say so...Mine are in the ground waiting for spring,and they do come in thick,I just pick and toss,because no one wants ANYMORE..You must have really been busy..What kind of soil do you use? :o)))

Loretta...

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome to Daves!! :~)

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I used to live just south of Red Bluff in the Richfield aera, ---it you want some Angel Truppet starts --I have White, Pink, Peach,Apricot, and yellow, ---Welcome--,from N. Florida,.---Michael

Thanks PudgyMudpies and Michaelp. Michaelp I sent you a d-mail. Loretta I'm using mircle grow potting soil, they had it on sale so I took advantage...Lauri

Thanks Lauri that's what I use too,I betcha you took advantage with all the winter sowing you did..Now I have a question are you gonna share?? :o)))

Loretta...

Sure LOL need some cleome??? Just kidding but oh yea you'll be getiing some if all works out!!! with roots..Lauri

Millers Creek, NC

Don't forget,Lauri,I like roots too!!

Hi Rosie, LOL oh your on my list too :0))) Lauri

Hey Lauri once you get those cleomes growing,your gonna say WHAT HAVE I DONE..!!All kidding aside you will love them just not that many..! :o)))

Loretta...

Lauri I heard your getting more rain,so you better get your floating plants under cover..! :o)))

Loretta...

Yep rain is heading this way and the floaties are all ready to go. Been out thinning out the cleome, now it still looks like grass only not as full. Was looking at Dori's gardens and they are beautiful.=0))...Lauri

Are'nt they beautiful and just to think I get to see it all in person.I think she has like 250 acres..Check out Deanns too her's is one to admire with all that land plus her GH and flowers galore...You will like the cleomes like I said they do keep coming back and you got them for life.. :o))

Loretta...

Lauri I just asked Rosie if the two of you got lost I have'nt seen you post..! ;o(((

Loretta...

Yea I'm always lost....I've been looking up stuff and then I get to reading something else and then forget what I was originally looking for. Have you seen the mini AV's yet??? I've gotta find some of theose they are so cute. Mine are big grocery store rejects...=o))).Lauri

I have'nt seen them yet,guess I better check the site out..The few I have were gifts and are really pretty,so I guess their keepers...

Loretta..

OMG they even have mini trailing AV's. My shopping list is soooo long now. DH may kill me if I order anything. =o))..Lauri

Tell me how to find it,I can't..I sure would like those trailing ones..

Loretta..

Go to the top of the page and click on Garden Talk and then to the Specialized Plants and click on the African Violets and there you are. =o)) me

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.