How soon to start seeds

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

How soon can I start seeds for dutchman's pipe and clitoria peas vines. I'll be starting them on my light benches.

PP

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I would say it depends on how much room you can spare. Both will take some time to get growing, but once they do, they will be big vines very soon. I usually start my tropical vines in late January, but in your zone, why don't you consider winter sowing them right where you want them to grow?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Have a light bench,right here in the computer room. I just re-arranged the top shelf so I have a little bit of space. Thinking of giving my neighbor all my orchids. I negelect them horribley so they need to go to someone that'll take care of them.

PP

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

mine clitorias stay pretty tamable while inside but have found once outside go crazy.

the dutchmens pipes are slow going and take awhile for me to ge to growing even with a grow light.

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello PP.

I don't have any experience with Clitorias, but I have my Dutchman's Pipes planted already, as they take a long time to get going.

Good luck to you.

Erick

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I figured the dutchman'spipe would take a while. I several var. of the pea. My one experience with clitoria"Double White Lady" took a long time to grow and I din't get any pods because it bloome so late the seeds got zapped by freeze.

Peggy

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

If you soak your clitoria seeds in water for a day or two, they will come up faster.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.