SAD in Alaska

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Many times people have asked how we can live in the Alaska in the winter. The days are short and the weather unfavorable. At the moment, during the holidays, instead of a white Christmas, we are having rain and overcast days. The daylight that begins at 10am and ends at 4pm is now overcast and offers little more than twilight. Some people have a great deal of trouble dealing with these dark seasonal times: http://www.sada.org.uk/

I have to admit, it doesn't seem to bother me. I spend more time on the computer, etc. However, my DH, the Old Tomcat, has been feeling tired and listless. I suggested he make himself a little 'holiday' in the basement, so he turned on the grow light, made himself a pina colada, stripped to his shorts, and put a Beach Boys CD on the stereo. When you live in Alaska and can't afford to winter in Mexico or Hawaii, you've got to be inventive!

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!