Mixed up days

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Things have been just berserk around here again. If I can do this correctly, I am going to cut and paste the whole deal here-I sent it to some ladies on my farm list group. It makes we want go just go and tear into some chocolate (and if you ever read on the healthy living forum, you would know that is a big NO-NO for me....chocolate certainly not allowed on THIS eating plan!!!! I called it "My Transportation Woes....."

.....started last Friday when #1 son came limping home in his truck announcing that the tranny had finally given up in it; he had to drive the 10 miles home and it never shifted out of 2nd gear. He tore it apart that night to see what he needed. Monday he took our truck in to work early so he could stop at NAPA and order what he needed (new tranny, etc.) He and his wife work different hours, she has to be there an hour earlier, and she also has a 2nd part time job as the desk girl at the local "Y". Anyway, shortly after he left Monday morning he called and said "warm up your van, I'm bringing this piece of crap back home to you-IF it makes it that far. It was missing and lurching something fierce. It had done it for us a couple of weeks ago, but it was about 0 out and it had been sitting outside for about 4 hours. It's a diesel. We put some fuel conditioner in the tanks and it seemed to be ok. Our first unwarranted assumption........it wasn't. So, kid has my van, and spouse took the truck to our friendly mechanic; they brought him back home since he had no desire to walk 9 miles. :>) I had made plans for today to take in one of my DV milker units as it needs something, it's not working right and I sure as "H" wasn't paying for a service call when I could just run it down to the dealer. Also planned tostop at the butcher shop and pick up my dead pig that is in packages, since it's the same town. We had to run to town yesterday afternoon (had my van back, kid sucked it up and went in with the wife, somehow they arranged it to their satisfaction) and when I got home there was a message on my answering machine. It was the kid, saying "I hope you don't need your van tomorrow, as Tory's Bravada almost lost a front wheel when she was driving it". They had to get it towed someplace and they're getting that fixed. So, here I am, no van today cause kid has it, truck still isn't fixed and we had a load of hogs to haul off this morning. Had to call a trucker to come and get them early this a.m. Then I had to suck it up and call the dealer and tell him I had to make a service call out of the penny-ante machine repair (because I was NOT going to deal with it over the long weekend, it hadn't been working right since Monday but I didn't have time to take it down). The dead pig will have to remain in the butcher shop's freezer until next week. Oh, well.......too much salt on the roads to fire up Willie G. (my bike), and I don't even have a bicycle. Tomorrow I am supposed to meet a gal at church in the afternoon to practice a number for the Christmas eve service. Good thing church is only a half a mile up the road, I will probably have to walk. Not that it would hurt me.........

Sooooo.....we will see what transpires on all this. DIL's Bravada is supposed to be done sometime today. Promises, promises...

Weather is pretty nice, in the low 30's, so Spouse is doing poop hauling detail, provided he can get it busted loose. Oh, and the milk machine repair guy has been here and gone, and supposedly has that fixed. I'll find that out for sure tonight when I put the unit on the first cow.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!