silly goat story

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

I just had to share this with you. Last week we put an ad in the Farmer's Market Bulletin to sell our billy goat. A guy named Peter called Wednesday to say he wanted him and he would be here Thursday at 5:00 and Ben gave him directions. He didn't show up. He called back Friday to say that he would be here Saturday morning at 8:00. Ben told him that he would be at work but I would be there. I waited until 10:00 and he didn't show up, so I went on about my errands. Peter called back Tuesday night to say he would be here Wednesday at 5:00 to get the goat. yeah, right.

At 6:00 we went ahead with dinner. The phone rang at 7:00, Peter was on the highway at a gas station and wanted to double check which road to turn off, so Ben told him the directions again. I said it is already dark, who buys a goat in the dark? This guy ain't right. He should have been there in less than 30 minutes. Nothing. At 8:00 the phone rings again and Peter is at a convenience store, took a wrong turn. I tell Ben just to drive down there and meet him and bring him back or he will just get lost again. I said, this guy ain't right - he'll probably show up in a car or something.

Ben drives down to meet him and then call me from his cell phone - says you were right - they are in a car - a Mitsubishi! I told him not to even bring the goat out of the pasture until he has dead presidents in his hand - no way would he take a check from this guy. He leads them back to our place and drives around to the pasture and parks his car at the gate so the headlights will shine in the pasture and they can see the billy goat. Peter talks to his wife and then asks what is the least amout we will take for the billy goat - Ben knocks $5 off the price if its cash. Peter gives him the money.

Ben went in the pasture and led Billy out of the gate. As I look out the back window (it is dark and about 28 degrees out there - I'm not going outside) then I see Ben wrestle the goat to the ground and hog tie his feet. Then he picks up the goat and puts him in the trunk of the Mitsubishi. I start laughing and by the time they leave and Ben gets back in the house I am totally cracking up.
Can you believe that?

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!