Earthbox???

Wimberley, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the first time I've ever heard of an earthbox. Sounds very interesting...can anyone fill me in on the basics of one?

(Please, and thank you!) Debbie

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

debbie - basically its a fool proof way to container garden. the container itself is about 2 1/2 across, 15 inches deep and about that wide.

you fill it up with container mix, put the plants in, lay down a 2 inch wide row of fertilizer and cover with the plastic that comes with it. it has a spout so you can water the plant or plants. there is a drainage whole and when you see the water coming out of this hole you stop watering.

i can't remember the website but i am sure tplant who has tons of them will get back to you. i tired them for the first time last season and they are great.

Inverness, FL(Zone 9a)

Dogmansis--Here is a URL where you can get more info than you need on earthboxes.

http://earthboxresearch.com/

They really work well. I had 4 last summer and I was amazed at how much better they did than my other container tomatoes. I'm up to 8 now and plan on having 3 more before spring planting. Ed

Wimberley, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks y'all for the info. Now I'm very tempted to try one.....like I need another new project!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.