Update

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Well, the cow that had the dead twins has joined them in cow heaven. She died before the vet got here to see her a 2nd time that day. Another fresh cow last night and THIS one came down with milk fever also. I think Spouse needs to get on the horn and have a little chat with the feed man!!! Something is not up to snuff in the dry cow ration, for sure. This one will be ok, because she is a nasty creature to milk. Those kind never die, they just stay around to plague me forever. :>) Of the last 8 calves, only 2 have been heifers. At least the guy that buys my bull calves will be happy! (and I will have a little more for the next vacation fund!) Snow yesterday and today, which makes things not fun to work in outside. Yuck. I hate snow. And the cold weather. I really, really needed to stay in Puerta Vallarta!!! LOL

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!