Purple smoke tree

Orlando, FL

Wanted a purple smoke tree.
My mom and I was clearing out her flower beds to put tulips and we accidently dug up her one yr old purple smoke tree. Gee, she told my sister that I did it but she must have broke over the top and
Fthus I didnt see it at all tho I told her that there were an awful lot of roots there and she said it was from the maple about 25 feet away. So does anyone have one that I could get cutting or maybe see or what. This one cost twenty five dollars and my sister gave it to her for her birthday. I am so sad to have distroyed it and want to give her another one. HELP. Mary

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

They are pretty common, available in various incarnations at most nurseries. But if you really want to make amends, go one better and give her the native American smoketree instead. It's harder to find, but a much superior species in most respects. And you will have fantastic fall color without that gaudy purple summer foliage making your yard look like a neon-sign ad for the House of the Rising Sun!

If you can't find one locally, try one of the better mail-order places like ArborVillage, ForestFarm, or Woodlanders (you can Google for them all).

Guy S.

Hi, Mary.

I sent you a D-mail saying I have one my wife would like me to get rid of, and that I would be glad to sell it to you for whatever I paid for it + shipping, which would be minimal if I send it to you bare-root. It was already a couple of years old and now has another year's growth on it. Please let me know. If you are interested, I will look at the tag or the receipt as to what I paid and will let you know.

Thank you.

Elliot

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Mary,
I don't think it would be hard to find one. I just entered mine in the PF - I bought it for $5 , 1 Gallon

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/119685/index.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.