I'd like you guys to meet someone.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/561451/

Please say hello....lol.

best to all,
don

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Gee Dr Don! Sirena is just incredible. Don't tell me that is all your handiwork. Amazing. I will confess I didn't read to the end of the linked thread so I don't know if she's installed yet or not, but hats off to you for forging her out of tile in the first place.

Just incredible! What an eye and what patience you must have.
Pooch

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Poochella,

Yes she's been put together by me. I drew her onto the cement board and then began the process of putting her together back during the summer. It's been a very long and somewhat arduous project, but she'll end up right next to a bed of Big Arse White Dahlias in the back yard. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 14,000 individual pieces of Italian vitreous glass tile. It is my first attempt at mosaic tile renditions of a humanoid and boy was it interesting....lol.

Glad you liked her,
best,
don

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, Don, I did read all about you making La Sirena!
She looks so beautiful!!!
I just love handmade things. You did a great job and can't wait to see all those gorgeous dahlias surrounding her too!!!
Every time you walk by, you will remember how much work it took to get her done, lol! But she sure looks worth it to me.
My grandmother painted with oil painting up until she was almost 90 years old. She did a wonderful job. I will have to take some pictures to show you what she had done, but anyways, she told me that people were always hard to draw and paint. Very, very difficult to get the details like you say about La Sirena's hand.
So great job, bet Pam loves her too.
You are quite a guy for all the talents you do. Pam is a very lucky gal to have you!
Later, Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.