I'm due a dumb question. Can I see your barn?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think we need a forum for blonde farmers. :)

When we bought this place, we knew our outbuildings would need some help. They are all covered with old rusted aluminum I think. Our garage is newer so it's in good shape (unless you mind if your insulation is carpet padding. LOL). We already knocked down the three sided shed/carport thing that was right in the middle of the back yard. We have another that has a roof about to cave in and I will tear it off as soon as I can. The chicken coop also could use new siding.

The barn and I guess what is a tack building have really nasty rusty siding and I want to tell you they stick out like 2 dung piles when the yard is covered with snow! LOL I have to say on a good note, the corner posts in most of the buildings are telephone poles and they sure don't look like they are going anywhere. We aren't going to be able to do anything right away but I have been looking at the prices for lumber, corrugated aluminum, sheet aluminum, etc. I can tell you for sure, I will not be buying any sheet aluminum at Lowe's! Ouch.

Anyway, this got me thinking (I do that sometimes). :) Will you all show pictures of your barns? I guess maybe few besides me, might get excited about the architecture and construction of barns but I have always been intrigued by them!

This thread has 92 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!