The start of something good

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

A greenhouse in the making.

Base is in, sides framed. No roof framing yet.

Old no longer used dog kennel run in the background

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Framing from another angle

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

This is the type of window that are going on the sides. The glass door is still in the box.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

How lucky you are! What will the finished size be? It looks like it is going to be really nice and efficient to boot!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Holey-Moley Mary ;-)

Looks like this will last forever.

Am I seeing right ... 2x6 studs and a sill plate bolted to foundation blocks ?

You could call it Mary's Conservatory .......... I bet you are sooooo excited (I wouldn't be able to sleep)

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Happy day, looking great. I would be soooooo excited. Please keep the photos coming.

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

I'm so happy to see it's finally coming together for you Mary. It looks like it will be a super GH or as Scooter said a beautiful conservatory.
Can't wait to see it finished.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I know you will be just as excited as I was to get mine built and finally got some of my plants in this morning. Happy Day..

All the trusses (spelling?) lined up, ready to be put up on a center beam.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Trusses are up on the center bean now.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Another angle

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Oh,

Can you just imagine how it will feel sitting in there when it is full of plants , while the morning sun just comes up ?

Fantablulistic !

I hope you enjoy the heck out of this little plant kingdom you guys are building ;-D

The receivers for the Clear Lexan Corrugated sheet are installed, and the first sheet is on. Then it started to rain. :-( To be continued.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Looks really nice....GH's are soooo great! Have 2 BIG ones and when each one goes up over the years you can't wait to get them running....my only problem is is that I run out of room too soon! And, lucky you...you get to use the Lexan corregated panels...those are nice. Can't use them up here cause it's too cold.

Half the roof panels are up, in between rain showers.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

The roof is up, and 6 of the sliding glass windows are in.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

a different angle of the same.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Wood siding on the bottom and corner goes in. There's a total of 7 sliding glass windows for ventilation, and having the siding in the corners will create some shaded areas.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Clever to put in some shady areas.

Your GH is beautiful Mary.

Front view with some siding up. Next will be lexon in the window areas; it'll be hinged for venting up top. There's a door with a window in it that can be opened for ventilation also.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

The reason I want a greenhouse even though I live in California. This is Brugmansia Equador Pink. Frosted last night when I forgot to go out and put a blanket over her. Those blooms show that they'll all fall off as well as a lot of leaf loss.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

What a shame Mary but at least your plant will survive ;-)

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Mary that is a beautiful GH. I bet you are so proud of it. Keep the pictures coming.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Mary, your greenhouse is going to be wonderful. You are going to have so much fun in there. I love to go in mine when it is raining. There is something special about working with your plants and hearing the pitter patter of rain on
the roof.

Patricia

A little more progress has been made. Harry is going to make latched vents in the upper triangle you can see over the door. Otherwise the wood just needs staining, some decrative pieces around the windows and putting the gravel inside.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

A side view

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Even though it's not entirely finished I couldn't resist bringing in 2 plants that had been frosted. Butterfly is recovering and has a tiny bud.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2006 10:45 AM

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

The gravel and pavers are in. I dragged in a couple plants that had been previously frosted, but I'll wait until the shelves are in before I drag all of them in. I have a lot of young ones that I have on a cart which I then wheel into the garage at night.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Looks awesome! Great job!!
:) Donna

I got this stainless work table at Costco.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Loaded several of the plants that had frost damage inside, and some of the young ones that I've been bringing into the garage at night.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Looking real good Mary. Are you running out of room yet ? LOLOLOL

Cool table , wish I could find one like that around here . Excellent usage of the selving too.

Looks so clean and professional compared to my leedle ol HH. *sigh*

Priest River, ID

What size is your GH ???? Really nice..........Sandy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I don't think you have enough plants in there, Mary! You need to buy more..lol!
:) Donna

Just what I had in mind Donna. Some of my friends think it looks good as it is, but I picture it so full that I have to walk down the aisle sideways. It won't be neat for long! LOL

It's 8 by 16.

We had a couple of days when it got up to 95 degrees in the greenhouse so my husband put up a retractable shade cloth. Seems to have helped a lot! If it gets too cool in there I can just roll it down to the end. There's some wire that you can't see and the shade cloth is attached to that.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.