Weight Loss Challange Week of Dec. 10-17

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good wonderful morning to all you winners and just plain persisters. It is crisp and still a bit snowy outside this morning. I take about 5-10 minutes to get the poultry and wild bird chores done on each end of the day at the very most. I do most of the chores in the morning. I take out a gallon of hot water for them to drink. Kind of like starting the day with a cup of Joe. Then I make hot laying mash with more hot water(the birds know the word soup well), put out several cans of milo and corn for the poultry and squirrels, then refill the wild bird feeders with black oily sunflower seeds. I think I'll take a chunk of venison out and put it in the feeders since no one saved the last deer carcass for the wild birds. So many woodpeckers, nutthatchers, etc. really depend on that meat to replace the insects they would eat in the summer..

I will be content to maintain for a few weeks until my body builds back up. I certainly took in enough carbs at work last night. Some good, many really sinfully bad. But they tasted so good. Today I will be good, I hope. Some days I just crave empty but delicious calories. Giving in just a little bit seems to get me thru it. Holding out only seems to make it worse and then I really blow it.

I think working last night was one of the best things I could have done. I am a creature of habit and not being in my usual routine was keeping my recovery at bay.

Vic, you work so hard at losing both inches and pounds. I admire you for your determination. Do you have a goal?

Marylyn, how are you doing? Still finding time for the dance pad during this busy time of the year? With a family of little ones there is so much extra to get done before the one big day. Then there is the almost anticlimatic feeling when the last guest goes home or you finally arrive at home after all the visiting of family and friends.

ViolaAnn and Anna, do you have any extra musical events scheduled? I think I remember reading that one or both of you have already had some.

Howie and Kim, you are both so close to your goals. Howie, I know I have said this before, but both you and the doctors will be so glad you have lost all this weight when you go in for surgery. So will the rehab people who will have to help you to get up and moving. And the nurses who will have to help turn and reposition you in bed, etc. I've been in rehab and know how hard it is to move a really large person. I was thinking while in the hospital recently that those nurses had better be thankful I have lost so much. I was dead weight for a couple days the first time. So if any of the medical staff says anything about your weight remind them of how much they would have been lifting a year or so ago. You may even inspire some of them to begin to lose. And believe me, there are lots of very over weight nurses and doctors.

Sandra, how is the trip home coming along? I 'm sure it is hectic. Trying to see so many people in such a short time. Naturally everyone wants more of your time and energy than you have to give. I'm thankful you are having this time at home tho.

Pebble, how is the new eating arrangement you mentioned working? Something about you and your daughter eating earlier and then just fixing your husband what he wants when he comes home? The walking of the dog sounds like a good idea.

I get so sleepy when I sit down in front of the computer anymore. Does anyone else have that problem? I can be feeling fine and then when the screens start to come up I just go to sleep. I know it can't be my glasses because I have lens implants in both eyes so my vision can't change anymore.

To those I didn't mention, I am sorry. You are all in my prayers even if I don't remember to speak to you individually.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!