Snow in Massachusetts

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

We probably got a foot of snow today between 7AM and 3PM. How much did you get?

Thumbnail by boojum
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We had about 10 inches. 4" in the morning turned to rain. Then the lightning and thunder came, sleet turned into wind driven snow. White-out for almost 2 hours.
I was posting on the 'December Weather' thread yesterday when it got a little weird around here. Starting at 1:42 pm.
Snapped this of a young cedar this morning.
Other pics in the Photo forum posted this morning.
Andy P

This message was edited Dec 10, 2005 9:14 PM

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

I went to Newport, RI on Sat. and the coast had little or no accumulation but northwest RI and southern MA had similar weather to yours, Sarahskeeper. The woods had 2 inches of snow the entire length of the trees on one side-houses with 1-2" of snow on their left corner all the way to the roof! Obviously Mr. Wind was having fun.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, we only got 7 inches with 40 MPH winds so I had to snowblow the parking lot and driveway where it was about 1-1/2 ft. deep.

Now as I look out the window I see we have another inch of big beautiful softly falling snowflakes ( no wind)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We just got 8 inches last night and they say it's not done yet. Not snowing right now, but supposed to start again later today. I don't like driving in it but it sure looks lovely.

We're having SOUTHERN weather here-a few inches of snow (3"), then sleet and rain-ice is building up. No school so not going to work, doing paperwork and Xmas cards (maybe!). I wonder how we'll ever clear the driveway with a snowplower. Maybe it will melt this weekend. Why are storms on 7 day cycles? I remember one year we had no snowdays at school because all the storms politely hit on Saturdays and holiday weeks. This year so far, it's every Friday here. Is your day Thursday hemlady?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

A cold wind driven rain this AM, now the temp is up to 47F and the rain is over. The snow is melting but I don't think it will be all gone before it freezes again tonight.
My 'Thunder Glass' is dripping badly today.
Andy P

Well, this is a surprise. After all the mess, the sun broke through at the end of the day! And it got warmer. We could snowblow the driveway after all. Hope it stays warm a while!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You know boojum, I never really noticed before which day the storms seem to be hitting. This one was definitely on Thursday, I don't remember which day the last one hit. I think I will be a little more observant for the next one.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We had about 3 inches overnight. I went out this morning to see my back yard.
All nice and fresh, just like the New Year.
Andy P

We only got an inch here, but more tomorrow night (3-5 inches predicted).

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Did you get the snow Boojum or did it turn out to be rain?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Andy great snow shot, is your little man still on the bench?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Blooms, Yes he is still out there, his bare feet must be cold by now.
Yesterdays snow/sleet/rain left a mess this morning after it froze solid but we went to the city park while doing errands.
The conditions were not very photogenic.
This was the best of the bunch.
I'm used to close-ups. Landscapes and scenery will take some practice.
Andy P

Hey! I like that one!

We got 7" yestiddy. Here's pics.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/565801/

More tomorrow. Hard to keep up with the weekly and now daily snowstorms!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

After the next snow, we will go to the nearby State Park. Much larger with waterfalls. I can let Sidekick Sarah run there too. Today was too icy under foot.
But that may be too late for this years 'banner'. Maybe next time.
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.