Heirloom Dahlia Source

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Have you all seen this site for heirloom dahlias? http://oldhousegardens.com/bulb.asp?Cat=SD&page=1

Annie, check out 'Winsome' for a hot, deep pink/rose.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Tee hee! I was there yesterday. Winsome is indeed a really great bright pink. I'll put it on my watch list ( along with about a hundred others.) Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of this dahlia?

I can't believe how old some of those dahlias are. Seems like some from 1950's they are calling "new." Guess that makes me newish! I feel sparkling and rejuventated somehow. LOL

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Great site and quite pretty too. I have Bishop of Llandaff and really like it because of the dark foliage. I also have had Japanese Bishop and it just doesn't measure up to the first Bish. JapaneseBishop just doesn't reproduce like Bishop of Llandaff. I will have to return and look some more.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I bought Bishop of Lllandaff 2 years ago. I love it for it's dark foliage too.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I love the way, when you put something in your cart, they say "thank you for helping preserve this antique" or somesuch. Their flowers are gorgeous but they never let you forget that they are OLD. Sadly, they also convinced me that you didn't need to dig up dahlias. When I found out it was their idea of a joke (they naturally turn into compost, even in the coldest zones), it was a very sad day because I had already allowed myself to become slightly addicted, thanks in part to you folks and your pictures.

They're pretty great for spring bulbs too.

xxx, Carrie xxxooo to NoH20.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.