Raggball ornaments

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm making some raggball ornaments and I'm wondering if any of you have done this then dipped them in scented candle wax. I've seen them at craft shows, but they seem real light compared to the ones I make.

The temp was 7 above this morning, and much better than yesterday. The forcast says 4-6 inches of snow for today. It is snowing a little bit now, and I'm hibernating till I leave for work at 10:00 tomorrow evening.

I posted this in the craft forum, hope I don't get into trouble for posting this in two different places. Any imput would be great.

Annie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Annie,

Have never done them,,,do you have pics of your's I'd love to see them, they sound really cute.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Annie,

Is this what you're talking about: http://oxmoorhouse.com/companion/crafters/default.asp?flag=ragornaments

Jody

Yep, but I don't have any emblishments on mine yet, and mine are heavy because I use all material. I do have some some styrofoam balls I can use. Some of mine are so heavy hubby said if someone threw this at the window it would break it! LOL .....I really have to learn how to use the camera so I can post pictures.

The ones I've seen at craft sales are much lighter than mine and they have soaked them in candle wax. . It is going to take a lot of candle wax to soak these. Maybe I will dab some of the material with the liquid scent that you buy when you make the candles. It wouldn't be as messy this way.

I've got strips of material all over the house because the cats are helping......grrrrrrrrrr! It is a chore to tack the last material on, but If I don't do it and the cats knock them on the floor they are going to unroll them all ROFLMAO!

Annie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

ooo, those are cool. Thanks for posting that link Jody.

Annie, I can't imagine using material for the whole ball,,,,they must be heavy,,,,bet they're gorgeous though. Tell DH he better watch it,,,,you might miss and hit him,,,,LOL

Would you take time to learn how to use that camera already ?????? LOL

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Annie,

I have tons of material scraps, and am thinking about making some rag balls. Why do you like to use material for the entire ball?

Jody

Well, I don't have to use material for the whole ball. I 'm going to make use of the styrofoam balls, I never thought about it till you gave me that link! LOL

OHHHHH and my sis bought me a snowman pillow that looks as though it has been tea or coffee stained. It represents a flag, with a felt snowman that has been hand sticted to a checked peice of material in the left hand corner, then there are five stripes, made from scraps that are either striped, or checked. In between the stripes it says this:

.... And to the Snowman between the first set of stripes then between the other stripes:
For which he Stands, Three Snowballs, rolled with love, irresisitble, With liberty and Snowflakes for all! it is sooooooo cute.
It really amazes me what people can think of to make. I guess I'm not that creative, unless i'm digging in the dirt.

Annie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Annie,

That pillow sounds just adorable,,,,love snowman stuff,,,LOL @ not creative unless digging in the dirt. I'm sure you are,,,,just don't take time to do the creative things.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey, Kelly...did you ever make any of these? What happened to Annie?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.