Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Dear Friend!
You truely are an 'Iowa Rose'.
Ron and Peggy

Thumbnail by Iowaron
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by mgh
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday, Lilyfan

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

happy happy birthday
hope its a wonderful day for you!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Birthday hugs from the very frozen north.

This is Eastern Morn, a Manitoba lily bred by Lynn Collicut
Inanda

Thumbnail by inanda
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Have a great birthday!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the flowers everyone!

Just got back from going to lunch and shopping with a friend and now DH is going to take me out for my birthday meal!

It's good to be on the top of the ground!

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday!
Have a great time tonight.
Bernie

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Best wishes on your Birthday!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Had a very good day! Thanks to all of you for the wonderful wishes and lets not forget those beautiful blooms. They have brightened my special day so very much.

Time for this older woman to hit the hay, its been a long day!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

llilyfan--missed your birthday, but your Christmas party was great fun! Happy Birthday to a Lady who grows better each year....

Corte Madera, CA

belated happy birthday! catching this thread just now....

Wanda, talk about things getting better with time! I seem to have had a surprise package arrive in my mail last Friday, gee you really do know how to surprise and spoil a person.

Moonglow, I have a lily by that name! I also used to live in Corte Madera, well at least I think I did! If there is military haousing there then that is where I used to live way back in '78 and '79. I used to work at the plastics factory in San Rafael, and my daughter was born at the long time closed Letterman Army Medical Center.

If I can't surprise & please a friend, what good am I?

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

well i am slow
Happy Birthday
i been sick so thats my sorry story
and im sticking to it
hope it was a good one

Hey Tazzy, good to 'see' you! Well, at least you have a story; I mostly lurk these days so no one knows I'm around either! Sure hope you are on the road to full recovery. I had such a hoot meeting you at the MORU last June.

Take care til we meet again..............

Corte Madera, CA

lilyfan, wow! an ex-corte maderan. you are the 2nd dger i "met" who lived here when the base was here. how cool!

Sue, just peeking and giggling at the foolishness? Hey--looking forward to seeing you on Saturday night... :)

Moonglow,
what is the housing now; gone or privately owned?
I haven't been back since I left in '80.

Corte Madera, CA

lilifan, i've never been to the place, but soon will be a destination. i often pass by the HAMILTON exit, and now i'm really curious. for sure i will take photos.

We lived in off base housing on the west side of Corte Madera. There was a small shopping center as you got off the interstate and it had a couple of banks and a laundromat and several other stores (probably all changed by now). If I remember correctly we went past it a couple of blocks and took a right and then another right and we lived about halfway to the next cross street. (If I remember!)

I used to go to the base to shop at the PX even though they don't call it that anymore. It was like a big convience store for the military families.

Corte Madera, CA

ooops, i can't type and spell, llilyfan. so sorry.

you just described my exit! corte madera town center is all fancy now. had a major make-over a few years before we moved here (from san francisco). on the east side, is the high-end mall. not bad at all. also had a major facelift. gardens galore.

there are some photos here of you former town =).

http://www.shoptowncenter.com/

and here, too.

http://www.villageatcortemadera.com/

we still have the wildlife (bird) preserve on the marsh lands, and residents are huge supporters of open space.

the bank building by the public library is still the same building. i've always wondered about that kind of architecture....

marin joe's (since 1954) is still busy every day of the week.

=)

Thanks moonglow!

Everything looks totally different, really nice! I was hoping to someday take a trip with my daughter to SF and the bay area and show her where she was born and where she spent her first year of life.

Now that she is a wife and mother with 2 small children it may be awhile before that dream happens.

Sue--you can do it! Kidnap her and leave her hubby to watch the kids. All you need to do is win the lottery and do it in style.

Corte Madera, CA

that's a great idea! =)

here's a link to letterman in presidio. even the presidio has changed. george lucas built his campus there. it sort of blends in. not a big shocker, at least i don't think so.

http://www.militarymuseum.org/LettermanAMC.html

http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/letterman/

please come and visit! we'll have dinner or something.

annapet

Annapet,

Thanks for the links, I am going to share them with my DD.

Wanda, it might take some doing to win the lottery, wanna buy my tickets?

No, I don't buy them. One winner and millions of losers. I've got a green thumb, but not really lucky enough to win things. Guess you'll just have to get the $$ some other way.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

A belated happy birthday, Sue!

This is one you gave me! One of my favorites.

Thumbnail by TwinLakesChef
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I bought a scratch-off ticket for $3 last night, won $75. Yippee!
Bernie

Arlene, thanks for sharing that wonderful picture. I have spring fever so bad I can't hardly stand it!

Bernie, maybe you want to buy those tickets for me. Seems like you are luckier than myself or Wanda!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.