grubs

Leonia, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone know of a way to deal with grubs without using insecticides?

Mayree' Unless your grass is showing some signs of infestment,I wouldn't worry' Myself,I encourage birds' I do treat in spring with diazon to keep the ticks and fleas down,again in fall''I put it in by broadcasting in my spreader' You might go to the site www.jerrybaker.com,he has many home remedys,without chemicals'''Sis''

Leonia, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks SIS. I read your advice as well as the jerrybaker.com site. I'll send these on to my friend who actually has the grub problem. Maybe she'll even join us.

Liberty, IN

You can also use beneficial nematodes you can check this out at www.gardensalive.com I like this because it's organic and I run child care so I can not use chemicals anywhere. LOL Tonia

No offense, but I can't believe diazon is suggested at an ORGANIC forum: that's powerful dangerous stuff, IMHO. If your yard is truly being destroyed by grubs, consider rolling back the sod to expose the roots to foraging birds by day, & skunks by night. Honestly, if you have skunks in your area, they can almost eliminate your grub population is just a couple of evenings before the grass even dies. Then just roll it back & water well, ..or compost it & re-seed. Sounds drastic, but it gives you YEARS of grub-free lawn organically.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.