Ranger, The Big Red Dog & Our Snuggle Bug

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Ranger is a 4 1/2 year old Golden Retriever & Chow Chow mix. He is beautiful, with big soulful eyes and the most loving personality. He was adopted from the local rescue group as a puppy, and brought back, the day after Christmas, at 9 months old with the excuse that he "got too big". The agency people wrote "owner was an idiot" on his papers.
My housemate/caregiver/friend, Robin has a son, who at the time was donating some time cleaning pens there. One day in early January, when she went to pick him up, she saw Ranger. At first the shelter wouldn't let her have him because they thought he would be bad with cats. Robin insisted on a 'cat test' and he passed with flying colors. She brought him home.
I took one look at that horse with fangs and went out the front door saying I wasn't coming back in til she took that monster back! (I was scared of big dogs) I stayed out there til my little daughter came home from school and threw her arms around his neck , took him back to her room and used him as a pillow while she did her homework. Put me to shame.....
Needless to say, I got over it, and came to love that big red dog.
Now, I must put a note here. Just before Thanksgiving, Ranger got very sick. This thread is for me and those Daves friends who want to walk with us down this road with Ray, providing moral and emotional support, and sending positive energies to our pup. If you don't want to read a thread that might be sad and painful, please stop now. If you feel you have the strength and energy to lend us some of yours, please stay, you will always be welcome.
Here are two links to a couple threads where I posted some when he first got sick:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/555335/ (over halfway down the page starting at Nov 18)
and http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557826/ ( a thread started by laurief that I hijacked for awhile)
Everything from this point on will be a day to day journey with Ranger and his skinpeople

Thumbnail by keyi
This thread has 267 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!