Need ideas and some help about a privacy hedge

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok here I go... I was asked to help with some ideas for someone wanting to put in some bushes,trees or shrubbery for some privacy around a hot tub. I really need to go over and measure and see when it gets the sun so Im more sure of what happens in that area but, the fence is maybe 15 feet away from where the hot tub is going and Im thinking they will want something that dosnt drop alot of fruit in and around the hot tub area. Since they will use the hot tub year around they will want/need something everygreen but also some nice color when the season comes.
Heres is my first idea that I got with just a little tiny bit of researching but not sure how well they will go together. These would be mixed to form a wall
Camellia-not sure wich one yet
Rhododendrons
Lawson False Cypress

I was thinking this would give it some color and add interest without being flat looking and give good spring and summer color. The hot tub is only about -3 feet off the ground so as the shrubs/ trees grow they will provide more privacy.
If anyone has any other suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them.

Thanks in advance
Janet

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I'd try and get Magnolia grandiflora 'Bracken's Brown Beauty', Zone 6, compact dark lustrous leaves, glossy leaves. I did a simular project this year and used a M. grandiflora and they were very happy. The evergreen, dark leaves give privacy and look "finished"/"clean". My 2 cents.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you growin, Ill go look that one up right now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.