Anyone tried a Husqvarna tiller?

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

I have an opportunity to buy a used 650RTT, 6.5 HP, 2 forward speeds, one reverse with counter-rotating tines. Any pros or cons?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Engine Briggs Intek OHV
Power 6.5 hp
Drive Gear/Chain
Direction Counter Rotation
Transmission steps 2 forward / 1 back
Tyre size, rear 16x4x6"
Cultivating width 17"
Depth adjustment, steps 7
Weight 14 kg
warranty 2 year
It is a Poulan, which also sells as Craftaman and several other brands. A middle of the road counter -rotating tiller which retails for around $ 700.00. I t uses a Briggs Engine which I prefer. It is still a current model, so you would have to judge on condition and price. CR tillers are much smoother to operate than forward rotating tillers. The major drawback is they do not handle plant debris as well. They tend to bank it up under the dive axle.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I bought a Troybilt Bronco with counter rotating tines for weeding chores and took it back. It just wanted to bury itself in my loose sandy loam soil even set on the shallowest setting. Probably would have worked great in clay. Sure glad the guy said take it home bring it back if you dont like it. I took in back in less than an hour. I never tried it on sod but I think breaking new ground the counter rotating tliier would shine.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

I went ahead and bought it. When I saw the construction and maintenence features compared to the Troy-Bilt, it was a no brainer. Thanks for the input y'all.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Howdy Agrinerd .. How's the new Husky 'toy' doin' for ya?

Hope she's eating and tearing up the earth, and doin' ya proud.

(I'm late, as usual) .. but we could certainly attest to and vouch for the rugged dependability of the 'Husky' brand of chainsaws and 'weed eaters' !!

A very Merry Christmas .. to you and yours Agrinerd.

- Magpye

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

I'm afraid that I got hit with a nasty stomach bug the weekend I intended to use the tiller and I'm only just now getting back to normal, whatever that is. I'll be visiting family this weekend, so it may be new year's day before I get the chance again. Thank you Magpye; a very merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

kotgarh, India

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right topic but I too am in a dilemna over a tiller. Actually being from India is a big dis advantage as I will have to import it and before that I wanted all inputs that I can gather . My requirements are as follows ---

a) I need to cultivate large areas but can't use a tractor as I'm in the hills and have terraced farms with very narrow fields.
b) Something that can help me till about 8-10 acres of land ... get this area ready for vegetable cultivation. This field has been inuse for a few years and its sandy/loamy soil which for the past few years has been ploughed by the traditional method of oxes !!!
c) It shud be light weight but still powerful enough to pull out weeds and till land about 6" and deeper.
d) Preferably operated by diesel but petrol also not an issue .

Pls help me guys !! There is only one machine that is available in India and u can view it at www.ikramogatec.de and the model is BC 5.5R AGITA . Pls help me with my decision ...!!!!

Also refer me to the website where I can see the machine or buy it .....

Thanx

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The best type of tiller for your acreage would be the BCS. I only have the North American Web page, but it is a European developed model. http://www.bcs-america.com/product.cqs. They make or have made a Diesel model which is not available in the USA. Honda are also very good and distributed worldwide (Japanese) http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/tri.asp. The Chinese are also making models similar to the BCS. http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Walking_Tractor.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.