Homemade GH?

Bastrop, TX(Zone 8b)

What mil plastic sheeting would be recomended for Central TX area?
deb

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I'd go with a 6mil,uv protected

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Tropicman,
Would that be 6 mil for Georgia, as well?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes,here in Ks,been using it for the last 5 yrs,this year on a new greenhouse,I'm using the 12 mil woven plastic,we have a lot of summer and spring hail storms and this stuff will not rip like the other plastic,so they claim!
So far it has been pretty tuff stuff,no holes as of yet!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

We're building a small glass greenhouse. I got most of the glass from a Habitat for Humanity Thrift shop. Not all thrift shops carry used building supplies, but when they do you can get g reat deals. About 3/4 of my glass and a glass door cost $3.

Thumbnail by woodspirit1
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

We used 6 mil on our new greenhouse

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

woodspirit, what a deal for $3.00. There is no Habitat for H. store here. The local H. for H has built 5 houses now, and that is pretty good for such a small very depressed area.

DonnaS

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Usually I'd agree w/ everyone here on the 6 mil but w/ those trees..................
Maybe the 12 mil Don mentioned for the roof?

We have a tree right over ours but the hoop style deflects the falling branches.

Love that design!
Any more shots?
Ric

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

That is going to be great. I would love for mine to connect to the house.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

ruth olive, our town is depressed, too. We had all 3 of our plants close within 2 years. Thrift stores do great in depressed areas. Maybe you should suggest that to your local Habitat chapter???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.