Lily Cultivar ID, please.

Denver, CO

I had thought this was 'Italia.' Others who grow it are sure that it is not. it is a nice flower, and I would like to know from the experts what it is. I have no idea where I acquired it.
Thank You, Kenton

Thumbnail by ineedacupoftea
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm going to keep my eye on this thread! I like that flower, but then I'm a sucker for speckles and spots!!

Denver, CO

-Which makes it so different from Cancun and others with that arrangement... I think that perhaps I want to know what it is because I want more!
Kenton

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'd like to know, too! How can you not love a big, freckle-face like that?

Denver, CO

I hate to add that this is a truly sad and pathetic picture with a cheap pen-camera! Oh, identifiers, step forth! It just occured to me that one potential source was my late grandmother ZZ's Garden in Illinois; that had not been tended or added to in at least thirty years. Other wise, It looks like I will be spending some long hours on the internet...

Kenton

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh, I think you can take some comfort knowing that there will be at least a couple more of us spending long hours looking for your pretty lily. :)

Denver, CO

I'm comforted, Moby. I feel better now for having posted it.
Kenton

It sure looks like Italia. Hard to get a real good colour from the picture though. Are tips dark pink? coral? brown spots on cream? yellow? How tall? Some others with a similar look could be Baronesse, Parfait Frost, and Denia. Just a few that come to mind.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Kind of looks like 'Cathedral Windows'.

Judging by Gerry Danen's pic in PF it isn't Denia. Denia has much more pink area.

Denver, CO

I will have 'Cathedral Windows' blooming next year, if a name has not been found. I hesitated to note the similarity. From PF pictures, 'Cathedral Windows' has a different form, and a pale stigma/style, which really may mean nothing...
Kenton

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The coloration is similar but the markings are different. Cathedral Windows also has brushmarks.

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kenton ~ how would you describe the colors of the lily? Is it most like Cancun with distinct orange / yellow, or does it at all lean toward pink / coral / reddish?

Denver, CO

Orange but only barely leaning toward coral to even notice. (Some wouldn't notice) The yellow is not too golden, but a plain yellow.

Thank You, Kenton

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.