Eastwoods Nurseries New Japanese Maples Database CD

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Eastwoods Nurseries specializes in Japanese Maples & is not far from my farm so I've visited & purchased from them several times. They've just completed a major project - a database of Japanese Maples, including tons of photos, as well as planting & care info. They sent me the following e-mail this morning which I'm passing on to you folks in case you're interested. I haven't purchased the CD yet, but plan to this coming spring when I start some heavy duty landscape planning.

">I want to let you know that my CD with searchable database of images
of
>Acer palmatums is finished at last and ready for shipping. It has
over 475
>individual files containing from 1 to 4 images each (most have 4) for
a
>total of over 1700; information on care, planting and pruning; sound
>recordings of the Japanese names and a place for creating your own
lists.
>The price is 29.95 + 5.00 shipping (7.50 for international shipping).
>
>Happy holidays to all! (apologies if you get two of these or even one
in
>error!)
>
>WORKS ON BOTH MAC AND PC! System Requirements: CD-ROM drive and hard
disk
>drive. MAC: Apple G3 or higher; 128 MB of RAM, OSX v10.2.8 or later.
PC:
>Windows 2000; 64 MB RAM; XP:128 MB RAM. Pentium 300 MHz or higher
>
>Attached is a short piece that appeared in the Sept. issue of the
Maple
>Society Magazine.
>
>Francie"

You can probably find further info on their website: www.japanesemaples.com

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

We had considered ordering this from Eastwoods when it first became available this fall. A friend got her copy immediately after it was released and she's had a few problems with it - 'glitches' with "a place for creating your own lists". Overall she's quite happy with it, but encouraged us to wait to purchase until they get the 'glitches' resolved. For now I'm going to wait to order until I get a few more reviews.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I have borrowed a copy from a friend to view and it is a really good resouce for anyone into JM's ...NO it's not perfect and it has glitches...it has frozen up a few times and it is a ram eater but overall it is a B++..... the data base is hugh and easy to use, has site info as well as descriptions and at least 4 differnt photos of hundreds of cultivars...In a nut shell it is wonderful even with the glitches ( if you don't have an up to date xp cpu I probably would pass unless your a patient type). I only wish they had included zone info but as I have stated before that is a "best guess " thing anyway!!! If you don't have this dvd and your a serious Jm person BUY IT...David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.