What do you plant with your Alliums?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have 300 Alliums coming in and am looking for annuals to plant with them - any ideas, and most of all any pics??

Thanks Mitch

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Mitch
I have my Alliums in groups with my grasses and Iris's beside my dry stream bed. I wanted some spring color before the Iris's bloomed. I matched my Allium height to the other plants so they won't look messy as they relax and the other plants will cover and match their height and look. I choose the 24-36'' Alliums for this area. I have some very tiny ones 10'' that come up on the side of my veggie garden. You have a much better growing oppurtunity than I do in zone 3. I know you are looking for annuals but maybe that may give you some ideas.
Enjoy they are fabulous in waves of color!
Ann

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

That does give me some great ideas Ann - Thanks!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Dahlias. Treat them as annuals. As the alliums die down the stalks remain and you can see where you can fit them in. They're quick to bloom and you can have them from small to tall but you will have to stake the tall ones so stake as you plant so you don't hurt the tubers.

Have fun Mitch! Go to Swan Island for dahlia selection. They're terrific and respond to emails for your questions.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.