Trespassers

Snohomish County, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm doing what I can to beautify our neighborhood by planting about 500 tulips at the front walk of our house (along with the 1,000+ crocus scattered through the lawn). The bulbs were quite an investment as you can imagine. The problem is we live on a corner and our yard is used as a short-cut. Even though it's an obvious raised bed it must not be obvious to those who choose to walk through the beds that a lot of work has gone into preparation and care. At this point in time I'm only blaming myself for not having thought of a way to alert neighbors that they are stepping on them (and trespassing for that matter!).

I don't care to use garish yellow caution tape so I'm looking for some (very) inexpensive, temporary border fencing that's attractive (anything at Lowes, Home Depot, Wally Mart?) or perhaps some cute signs with some gentle reminders (home made maybe. What would be most effective vocabulary?) What are some ideas you have put into place? -Red

help? anyone? lol

This message was edited Nov 29, 2005 2:37 PM

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

maybe some white plastic lattus , thats like 22 bucks for a 4x8 foot sheet then you
can cut it up to make whatever hight you want, or 12 bucks for a 1/2 sheet 2 x 8

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

What about those inexpensive little green or white foldable wire hoop border fences that the big box stores carry?

I use those all the time around new beds to keep the dogs out until things start growing/get established.

Snohomish County, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, those are both awesome ideas. Breeze, I think I know what you are talking about. Home Depot has them 2 X 15 white gothic top garden fence for about 20 buckeroos.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was completely clueless as to what to look for.
-Red

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.