Datura Seeds

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

I have a packet of Datura seeds that go back as far as 2003. I stopped planting them because I have two small grandchildren, and they are very big into pretend.

We all know they are poisonous to say the least. Last year I sent away all my castor bean seeds for the same reasons.

If anyone would like some Datura seeds, I can't guarantee the germination, but I have 19 packets, many repeats, but some are interesting. I probably have enough to plant acres, and I totally loved them when I grew them, but these guys are just to precious so I can't keep them, and I can't throw them out.

I will send generous amounts to anyone who wants them, just please, please, don't take chances if you have little ones around. I'm in the address exchange, send a label and postage, I have tons of bubble envies.

Legit

Thumbnail by Legit
Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

CHEEKS!! Would ya just look at the cheeks on the pair of them! And dimples on knuckles....Awww.....Your grandbabies are positively beautiful!

Wish I could get seeds off you but ya know that border thing....grumble grumble ......

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Legit,
I know nothing about Datura's. Do you bring them in in Fall or dig them and put in basement?

Kelly

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

erynne, Layla is 2, she is my dd's(Jenny), and Jadin is 3, he is my son's, (Kelly, actually Collin Kelly) and btw, Erin is my middle child, if I'd seen the spelling of your name back then, I would probably done that!!

Kelly, I started the Daturas inside in the spring, and transplanted them out, they will get huge if happy. They are so beautiful, but alas, poisionous as well!! Then they freeze, and you start over. LOL Legit

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Legit,
Your grandkiddies are sweeties! I have an Erin in my family too...a niece. I was wondering what that yellow-blossomed plant is in the background behind the cherubs?

Sandy

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Sandy, Thank you!! They are darlin's.

Man, I knew I was gonna have to answer that to someone, this being a plant site, and I ask the same kind of questions!!! That's my cantankerous Jasmine, and those are not blooms, they are leaves that are yellowing and FALLING OFF!! I brought it into the unheated porch in time, but winter came on too quickly, and I think it got way colder than it liked. It seems like the upper parts of it, and the new growth are unaffected, and I am just watching it to see how many will actually drop, and if the lower parts will regrow any leaves. I suppose I should head for the vine forum and ask these questions of folks where these actually grow, hey?? Any ideas?? I don't think I can do anything to change it at this point!! Legit

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi Legit,

I would like to try some of these Datura's,,,, what would you think for postage? I have no idea how big or heavy the seeds are.

Thanks,
Kelly

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Legit,
The way my name is spelled has proved difficult for many to pronounce. I would much rather it be spelled Erin. I've been called Erwin, Ernie, Irene and anything else you could think of. The worst was my first day of college and I was in a gymnasium with over a thousand other students. The person organizing the pharmacy students called out our names to come with her and of course you have to stand to group up so everybody knows who you are. She called out my name "Ernie so and so". Well I just went beat red and wanted to hide in the nearest hole. I was terrible shy back then and didn't have the nerve to correct her so I left that gym with everyone prolly thinking "a girl named Ernie???" The way it's spelled looks nice but people have to stop and think hard before they read it and 80% of the time, they get it wrong.
My mother admitted years later that she did me an injustice, haha.

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Kelly, send me two stamps, that will be plenty, and I have lots of bubble envies, so just send the stamps and a label in a regular envie, and I will get a bunch out to you, you can try several kinds!

Erynne, I don't think she did you an injustice at all, I love it, some people will screw up a name no matter what, Two of my kids are Erin (girl), and Kelly (boy-excuse me, man) and they always got mistaken for AAron (boy)Kellie (girl), and I couldn't think of anything more creative back in 1976 so all I could do was fancy up her middle name, Erin Leigh, instead of the old "Lee"!!! The the youngest, Jennifer, got Robbin, for a middle name instead of Robin, she is not amused either!!!! LOL

Erynne, what did you study as a pharmacy student?? I have been in pharmacy for 7 years now, 4 as a tech and 3 as office manager. Our pharmacy is being purchased by one of the staff pharmacists at the end of the year, and currently I have two bosses, talk about fun. right now I am in the middle of tons of applications and contracts, you know all the things it takes to make a pharmacy run!

And Kelly, this is interesting too, we all have so much in common. My previous employment was as education coordinator for Aerial Beauty Supply, and my youngest, Jennifer, is a stylist at Details in Marinette!! Legit

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Legit,

2 stamps and a label it is. Thanks. ,,,,,,Wow, how long did you work for Aerial? Which reminds me,,,I need to place an order,,,LOL Thanks for mentioning that. Does Jennifer like being a hairdresser? LOL @ name spelling,,,,I don't think any kid likes their name, I know I didn't for years,,,,now, I guess I'm just used to it.

Kelly

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

hehehehe ERIN never occurred to me...I thot it was ARI-ann or something like that. (Sheeeese! It's simple now! DUH!)

I'm one of those people who are very pleased to have their name. I'm Julianne...but when I was a kid I wasn't sure HOW to pronounce it because it didn't look like it ought to be julie-ann...I thought it should have been Julia-ann. No matter, I was named after my great grandmother...and that was plenty good enough for me.
:-)

But there is *one* problem...I don't have a middle name. They're both together! LOL

~julie~

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Hi Legit,
I have been a tech for 10yrs now.....sheesh that went by fast! I worked full time in a pediatric hospital up until this past September and now I work with my DH running our business. I still do shifts at the hospital but only on-call.
My boys have asked me why I chose the names that they have. After I explained my reasons, I asked them how they felt about their names and both confidently said they liked their names very much and would never wish they were called something different. That made my day!

Julie......see what I mean? It's easy to think something different when you see it! But you can call me Arianne all ya want. I always loved that name and when I was little (about 7yrs old) that name was on my top 5 for names I wished I got in the first place. I decided I liked that name when I saw it on an underwear tag in the ladies dept. at KMart, lol.

Erynne

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Hmmmm...underwear, you say? LOL

~julie~

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

DS's (Michael and Nickolaus) never complained about their names, but DD (Sara) went through the whole "Why did you give me such a common name?" There was a time she wanted her name to be Geri. Of course, she doesn't remember that now. After I told them all the reasons I chose their names, she seemed okay with Sara.

Now I have been mistakenly called "Judy" all my life and my middle name is Allan, so there is more confusion!

Jody

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Kelly, I only worked for Aerial for a year and a half. As education coordinator, I managed a group of Educators for Sebastian and Framesi, and had to travel alot to stores, shows, and events. The travel was a bit too much, and the stuff on the desk waited while I was gone, then when you were back, there were meetings.......felt like a treadmill, but fun and educational as well!! I surely don't regret having done it.

Jennifer loves being a stylist, she's totally cut out for it, but the money could be better, she has had a rough road with a crappy partner and being a single mom, she's only worked there for less than a year, and you know it takes time to build clientelle. It's an Aveda salon, and her boss is great, so I hope she's there for a long time!! Legit

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Legit,

Sounds like it was very tiring work at Aerial,,,but exciting. I'm glad she like it and she was cut out for it. Even after 25 years (ouch) and especially my own business, the money could still be better. Owning your own business I have decided is a sure way to the poor house,,,LOL

Kelly

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Sorry I only addressed Kelly there folks, I tend to pop in at work, and got busy and didn't get back to the thread for awhile, and in the meantime lots had gone on here!!

Julie, you don't have a middle name, hey, how about this, my dad's middle name is Junior, yes the middle name, Charles Junior can you imagine how confusing that is. Then to boot, the Junior is after his grandpa, who was called Junior, but I don't know if that was a given name or not........LOL

Erynne,
Are you a certified tech? I'm not, when I was just about ready to take my test, the girl who previously worked in the office gave her notice, and since I had experience, the boss came to me with an offer I couldn't refuse. So at that time I thought I didn't need it for the office, but I wish now that I had done it anyway, just because. This is a rural retail pharmacy, so I still get plenty involved, and our new boss has decided that he wants me in the pharmacy on one Sat. a month, soooooo I could have used it after all. BTW, what is your dh's business?? Legit

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I don't have a middle name, either, just an initial 'K,' but it doesn't stand for anything, so it doesn't have a period after it, even on my birth certificate. Both my mom and dad go by their middle names, so they didn't want that to happen with me. ALL of their siblings (total of ten between them) go by their middle names, too! What are the chances of that?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Hey Legit,
I'm certified, tested and true, lol. I don't know about in the US, but it's totally voluntary here thus far. They're talking about adding another course up here for techs so that we will be recognized as a "registered" profession like docs, RNs and pharmacists. Don't know if I want to go to the trouble of that though.

Kylee, I've heard of people going by their middle names but not the whole family!! LOL!

Erynne

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

My MIL was "kind" enough to name all 4 of her boys a first name starting with "D" and they all have the same middle name "Joseph". They can't use thier initials for *anything*, they can't use the same banks after sooo many screw ups, and the Post Office hates them too.

I swore I wouldn't do that to my kids, and I didn't!

(Btw, the MIL in question? HER name is Mary Magdaline!! But trust me, she's no saint!)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

mg,

That is way too sad,, all starting with D and Joseph

And I REALLY Can't believe that's her Real name,,,,LOL,,,,, You've Got to be kidding???????

Kelly

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I'm another of the middle namers - Mary Laura - after a spinster great aunt on each side of the family. LOL (wonder what plans they had for me?) Of 9 kids, first 3 only have 1 name and 4 of the last 6 go by their second name. It was quite common in our Dutch immigrant community to use second names. Since I've been gone for 30 years, not sure if they still do that now. Laura

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.