Thanksgiving 2005, just general chatter

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well we are having our first snow at the new house. It is coming down pretty good!

I was reading on some other threads how some are happy for a general thread with no real specialty info on it. I thought I would start one of those. I am not of much worth on the animal posts since we don't have any. I do enjoy reading what others write and hope I will be one of them some day that can talk about my cows and horses... When I read some of the other posts, I sort of feel like a kid again, listening to the talk between my farmer uncles and also between all the aunts as they discuss what is going on at the farm, what has been done and still needs done and also the chatter between my aunts and grandma as they discuss the gardens and food and such. Reading on this forum has always been comfort food for me.

Right now I am wishing I could throw some toilet seats out in the back yard so the dogs wouldn't have to look so hard for that perfect place! LOL I'm thinking when I get real animals, I best find myself some good boots and a nice heavy coat that I don't mind getting dirty.

We are really looking forward to our first Thanksgiving in our new home. We have diligently been unpacking boxes and bags, sorting through stuff, pitching what we can live without, doing laundry and trying to get things in order. Tomorrow will be a day of enjoyment, cooking, hanging out together and maybe a day to sit and watch a nice movie or two. We always spend Thanksgiving together, setting up for Christmas, just us and the kids. As tempted as I was to take advantage of having hubby home for a full two days, I am going to have a day where cooking is my biggest job and enjoy the family and day that has been given to me.

Tomorrow we will run to what I have lovingly dubbed the city house. That sounds so much better than "the other house that is robbing me at the moment". LOL We still have a few things to get out of there and then the cleaning and painting begins. Hubby's nephew is going to help us with some of the bigger jobs as that is what he does for a living. I am stubborn but not so stupid as to admit that buying a little help can be a good thing!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.

This is the back yard right now.

Thumbnail by Badseed
This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!