Funny Thanksgiving Story...

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

In the 70's my mom had a minor stroke. She recovered just fine. Her memory was iffy for about 6 mos. afterward.
When TG came around she announced that she couldn't do all that cooking, but that she would buy the turkey if one of my older sisters would cook it and bring it over.
Everyone agreed that would be fine.
She went out and bought a 30 lb. frozen Tom Turkey. Then she called my oldest sister and said, "I've got the bird. It's in a pan on the kitchen table defrosting. Come and get it".

The following day, my sister comes over, sees that mom is sound asleep, leaves her a note, and takes the turkey.

I get off the bus from school and am approaching our house when I see half the local police dept's cars in front of our house. I panic and go racing toward the house and am met by three or four cops coming out the door chuckling to themselves. (????????)

I ask, "Whats going on? Is my mom ok?"

They say, "oh yeah... she's just fine. Just a little confused is all. She called the station 6 times all in a panic saying someone stole her turkey!!!!"

I explain the story to them and they say, "Yeah...we searched the house for her and didn't see any signs of break in except a note from someone named Patty saying she's got the bird" !!!

They printed this story in the local paper under the crime watch section.!!!

For years after that around Thanksgiving, people would call and say. "Hey Marilynn...keep tabs on your turkey this year" !!!!!

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!