Operation Tailfeather aka Black Shoe Society

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

The other ops thread was getting a little long so this is a continuation of http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/556261/

Need to keep the threads short enough so dial-up can load faster,,,,have to keep that false information flowing my fellow Black Shoe Society friends,,,,,mwahahaha

New Thread = New Pic
Kelly

Edited to ad top left is 'Kaitlyn's Dream', top right is 'KJ's Gold', bottom left is 'Peaches and Cream' and bottom right is 'El Desperado'

This message was edited Nov 17, 2005 9:53 PM

Thumbnail by GardenGeek_WI
Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Kelly I think we need to do some daylily trading next spring!!! Legit

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Legit,

Great,,,,sounds good to me,,,,Daylilies are another one of my weakness',,,I have a few more varieties that either didn't bloom this summer or I didn't get a pic of the bloom. I have Bela Lugosi & Space Wars that I didn't get pics of when they were in bloom,,,also either Fudge Sundae or Little Zinger,,,would have to dig up the tag,,,LOL,,,Have about 5 that I will have to also dig up their tags as I didn't have the metal markers at that time so I burried the tag LOL

Here are some more pics,,,one is Fudge Sundae and the other is Little Zinger,,,don't know which is which and one bloomed this year and the other didn't, LOL

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Kelly, so how many different Daylilies do you have in total? Is it over 10?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Yeah,,prolly about 16?,,but like I said,,,would have to find the tags I burried to make sure I have the names correct,,,,sure wish they all would have flowered this year,,,,may have to move some around. Sold a few fans of 'EL DESPERADO' on eBay this summer.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

16??! Wow. Well I guess I won't go on about the ONLY one that I have, lol.
Ok, please don't laugh at me for asking, but when you say "fans" what does that mean. Trying to learn all I can here.
Tks,
Erynne

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

How tall are Little Zinger and Fudge Sundae? You can bring some of them when you visit. LOL
Ann

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Erynne,
Wouldn't laugh at you for asking something you don't know. A fan is 1 division of a Daylily. I found this pic on a web site it should give you a good idea.

Ann,
I'm not sure how tall they are. Only 1 bloomed this year and I really don't know which one it was. I need to get them marked when I re-do the beds in spring. I buried the tags with them. The one that bloomed the flowers were about 24" I would guess.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Love daylilies, but did you know Hemerocallis fulva is on the invasive list in Wisconsin?

Quoting:
Invasive Information:
Hemerocallis fulva (L.) L.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

orange day lily

This plant is considered invasive by the authoritative sources noted below. This plant may be known by one or more common names in different places, and some are listed above. Click on an acronym to view each invasive plant list, or click here for a composite list of Invasive Plants of the U.S.
WI Hoffman, R. & K. Kearns, Eds.. 1997. Wisconsin Manual of Control Recommendations for Ecologically Invasive Plants. Wisconsin Dept. Natural Resources. Madison, Wisconsin.. 102pp.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2005 10:25 PM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Now I Know I really Need to get rid of those mousy colored orange ones.

Oh Sandy & Ann,

Would you like some lovely orange daylilies for trades?????

Kelly

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Well, thanks for thinking of us but ........................NO!

Ann is looking for some nice small, well-behaved ones to replace a daylily thug in her front garden though.

No thugs allowed!

Sandy

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

We use those orange daylilies as a border 'short hedge' around the one side of the pool. The kitties just love to play in them!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The "thugs" are just fine IN THEIR PLACE and if you have the space.

Ann

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,well,,,,,,o.k.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Yeah, "IN THEIR PLACE" as in "NOT MY PLACE" LOL

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

They behave for me, Sandy, so I'm sure they'll do fine for you. ;-)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,

That's right,,,,they do behave for me also,,,,,,so, I guess I will Have to share. Thanks

Kelly

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the info Kelly. Now I know what it that my sister's MIL planted along the back fence in my backyard. She said they would bloom orange next year.....gosh, I hope it's not the "thug" ones mentioned above.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, but some thugs are nice thugs. LOL.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,

ROFLOL
I thought you didn't feel well and were going to curl up on the couch,,,,not sit in DG all day being silly,,,,,LOL

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, I really can't go lie down, because I really have to get some things done around here. I have yet to get up from the computer and actually do them. It's more comfy sitting here and the less I move around, the better I feel. It's when I get up and walk that I start to feel worse. (How's that for rationalization?)

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Kylee, it makes perfect sense to me...

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Touche,,,,I believe that works just fine,,,LOL So IMHO,,,you better keep at the puter,,,wouldn't want to start hurting.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Just wanted to do a little updating in on our mission.

mg is being positively brilliant at getting Sandy to post pics of her gardens on a different thread http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557655/ from all different directions and angles. Even questioning about sunrises and sunsets. Thanks God we have this wonderfully mischevious information digger on our side,,,we're sure to get directions right to her door after mg gets done.

IF that doesn't work, I have a friend that is a wiz on a Terra Server site. We can get aerial views and it'll be a snap to get in there.

Well, that's all for now. Keep those plans a comin' ladies

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Gayle is a sneaky one! She even had me fooled into complacency. With her interrogation tactics and Kylee's geocaching skills, our CANDU friends don't stand a chance!

Jody

This message was edited Nov 23, 2005 12:24 PM

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

*blushes*

Aww shucks!

*scuffing toe in the dirt*

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,ya lil stinker you

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

*peek*

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Quoting:
Awwww,

shucky darn you guys,,,,, if Sandy lives in that remote of an area,,, Ann's right,,,we'll Never find Sandy's house.

Sandy,,,,sorry, but we won't be able to bring our trades to you in spring/early summer,,,,,,I hope you're not too awfully disappointed. You can blame it on Ann, she insists we won't be able to find your house,,,,so,,,I guess we'll just have to do all our trading with her. Sorry you'll be missing out on so many wonderful plants,,,they would have looked awesome in your gardens.

Kelly

Well, this is what I posted in the other forum http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557655/ I'm thinkin' we should play this up a little as I don't quite think Sandy believes me??? What do you all think?

Like I said above, I have a friend that's a wiz with that Terra Server site. So I'm really not worried and Kylee with her Geo whatever skills,,,I'm thinkin' no worries.

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi my fellow Black Shoe Society member,

Well, time to get back to our plans,,,,the holidays will be over and we got plenty work to do.

Everyone get their headlamps and all black clothes?
We need to start checking in again so we can get those plans finalized before our little excursion.

Kelly

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Do you really those those Hosta seeds I promised? I've neglected getting them in the mail, but it was slated for this week. I could just forget forever. LOL

Happy New Year.

Ann

Ut oh, hosta hostages!

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

MG, if she feels that keeping the hosta's is needed maybe we should go early and be there before her big gala with over 100 people to view her NEW gardens.

Shouldn't be hard to find her house with all of those ice luminaries............

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ann,
I never Dreamed you could be such a stinker with seeds,,,ROFLOL

Ladies,,,,,,,What a Great idea,,,,I'm sure Ann wouldn't mind a few of her gardening friends popping in for her Open House,,,,,hey, an Open House means just that. hmmmmmmm

Lovin' this idea!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

You guys still crack me up!

A Happy and Healthy New Year to each and every one of you!
God Bless, Lauren

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

You wanna brave the freezing rain and icy streets, come ahead. LOL
The garden, of course, is under all of that ice.
Ann

PS Happy New Year to all of you.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

So who are we picking on? Ann or Sandy? Or both?!

Hehe,
Erynne

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Erynne,
Right now Ann,,,we're going to crash her open house,,,,,LOL,,,,,wanna come?????

Happy New Year everyone!

Kelly

Ann is in cahoots with Sandy. Since she won't "help" us get to Sandy's we will just have to be satisfied with her yard, I guess. If she ever changes her mind however...........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.