It's The "Me & Mr. Hose Show"

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes folks, it's that time of year again for many horse owners. And guess who didn't drag the hose down the hill so it could drain last night?

You guessed it. As I battled the wind, torrential downpours, & warm temps last night, it completely slipped my mind that all that nasty weather was just an introduction to a cold front that dropped temps to 30-something here during the night.

So threw a little hay to the gang this morning so they wouldn't get their panties in a bunch while I waited for the sun to thaw out Mr. Hose so I could water & grain them.

And since night temps for the rest of the week are supposed to be in the 20's, I have a sneaking suspicion I will once again be doing my Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom Marlin Perkins snake-wrestling imitation as I drag Mr. Hose in & out of the basement.

It's MUCH too early in the season for this sort of nonsense. Normally Mr. Hose & I don't do much battle until January/February.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!