Banner Image for the Dahlia Forum!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Oooh, I got carried away and went way over the 3 per poster maximum! Sorry. I'm blaming Dr Don for egging me on LOL

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, dang it, Annie.
You sure did post so many, lol, lol!

Mendy, where did you get that pic of the #2??? It looks like from a dahlia field.

Don, love your pictures too. That Big Arse looks so good in the vase.

Annie, you do just fine taking pictures. I love your pics of the bouquets.

Candy, you have the most beautiful bouquets that I have ever seen. Quite a wide range of colors that I just love.

Doss, that 'Show and Tell' sure is a showy gal. hehe.

So, I forgot the ones from Swan Island Dahlia, so I am going to try to find one from there.

So there!!!

This one is from the NW RU this past summer.

Thumbnail by daisyruffles
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Yep, I took that one (and both the others) at Swan Island Dahlias this summer. I have soooo many from there it was very hard to choose just 3. ;-)

Love your pic of SID field, Carol!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

how's that for a minimalist post?...lol.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

That's the spirit. Keep those beautiful pictures rolling in - we want everyone to see how gorgeous dahlias are.

This Tuesday it was 70° here. Tuesday night we had a tornado watch. Wednesday the windchill was 20°. Thursday we had horizontal snow. Today the low was 17° (that doesn't include the windchill). I need all the gorgeous dahlia pictures I can get to keep from being depressed. LOL

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Geez, Candy, what a week for you guys in OH with that kind of weather pattern.
No thanks, keep it back to the midwest, please. lol
I could post more but the limit was 3, so I cheated and entered 4, so sorry. You will have to go to my posts on dahlias to get your winter fix. lol

Don, very funny!

Carol

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Carol and I will be grounded for sure. Off to face the corner of Dave's Garden for a 'time out,' at least.

Candy, I sure hope you're done digging with those chilly temps. Winter is a great time to search the internet for new dahlias.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes I am done digging. I have a few spring bulbs to plant and the last of the leaves to shred. When the ground is frozen I will mulch with the shredded leaves. Hopefully I will be done outside after that. But winter always seems to go by so fast anymore......I never seem to get to the knitting, needlepoint, reading, etc. that has been on hold while I garden. Not to mention the housework. Oh, the housework.....always lands at the bottom of my list despite my good intentions. Pretty soon I will be able to have a lush garden indoors. I will just walk around and scatter seeds in the dirt and dust that is all over the house. It will be a lot cheaper than buying a separate greenhouse. =^)~

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Here are mine

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

I hear you NoH20,

With four dogs and thirty horses I've decided that instead of vacuuming mud out of the carpets this winter I'm just overseeding the filth with annual ryegrass....lol. I'm sure the dogs will appreciate it...lol.

don

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Don, it's nice to know I am not alone in my mess. There won't be any cleaning here this weekend - the 23 year old water heater just died. It it so jammed into a tiny closet with the furnace's gas pipe running in front of it that the plumbers took one look and said they would be back early Monday. It is going to be a biiiiiiggggg job. So no hot water all weekend, no house cleaning and no me cleaning either. I don't like that part.

Gumila, those are some lovely pictures. I think you have been holding out on us. LOL

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

Poochella and gumlla, those are very pretty photos but I'd appreciate it if you'd pick out your favorite three among those photos and let me know which ones they are (either by D-Mail or here). Thank you.

-Paul-

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

gumlla I love the red and white ones especially. Beautiful! Don't be a stranger- we have all winter to look at your photos!

Paul, I don't have to stand in the corner then? Yipee!
I can't pick easily but I guess I like these 3 of mine best :
Marlene Joy with Kari Blues
Mixed pinks bouquet and
Autumn Bouquet

Do we get to vote for overall favorites?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Too late?

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Poochella, I hope you've included the one posted at 11:56 in your finals. It's just gorgeous!

Ok, the submitting is officially over, but I'll be waiting for your selections of your top three, gumlla.

Yes, you'll be able to to vote later on once I've gotten all these in banner format and re-posted them so people can see what they'll really look like (so just watch for a new thread).

I'll probably be done tomorrow or the next day, but I'm not promising anything. ;) I've been a little busy with non-DG (*gasp*) stuff resently.

-Paul-

Non-DG stuff? What's that? Oh, you mean like actually doing something with our lives instead sitting at the computer all day and night? LOL

I, for one, will be waiting anxiously, Paul! Can't wait to see all the beautiful banners you will create with these photos! Thanks for doing this for us. :-)

My top three are
and #5

Kaleem

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

My vote is for everyone's. You guys have such amazing flowers, isn't there a way for each of them to kind of change over ever fifteen seconds or so like one of those really annoying websites with all the moving gizmos....lol. Honestly I don't think I'd be able to choose from all of the incredible flowers you've put up. So I'm casting my vote for all. There won't be a butterfly ballot will there because a picture of Pat Buchanan might appear a little scary on a gardening website...lol.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL! A picture of Pat B scares me no matter where it appears.

Paul, we appreciate your efforts to remodel our dahlia room here. Don't work too hard either at DG or non DG stuff.

Nap, that's a beautiful Hawaii bloom, if I'm not mistaken in your number one photo. Looks good enough to eat! I didn't include the 11:56 mixed bouquet because a) I forgot to scroll back that far LOL or b) it had other flowers mixed in and I cried 'foul' to myself for that. I know there are many other candidates out there that I'd have like to see posted. So many blooms, so little time....

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Don, I actually like your idea of a continous changing dahlia picture on the banner. Great idea.
It will be very hard to chose. That is for sure.

We've thought over having the banners change, but an animated gif wouldn't work well because it would drive half the people that visited the forum crazy (the other half being already crazy :P).

A PHP file that loads one of several images randomly could work but it would take some work by Dave to implement properly. Changing by seasons could also work except that Dave would have to change over 100 banners every three months. LoL

-Paul-

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

< One of those that is already crazy....lol.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Yep, guess you are right, Don, you are a crazy man!!! lol
Anyone who would climb a ladder up so high to take a picture of that dahlia tree is CRAZY!

But it would be kind of fun to watch the pictures of flowers and related topics on the top banner. It would be much more enjoyable than the pop-up advertisements we all see on the regular websites.
But understand that is a lot of work but maybe in the future???

LOL Paul! You know us so well!

I'm right there with ya Don. ;-)

Carol, he probably wouldn't have climbed that ladder if we hadn't begged him to. :-)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Dear Paul,

This migraine sufferer could kiss your toes for keeping animation out of Dave's Garden.

Thanks!

Doss

Well, actually I don't have more of a say than anyone but I know Dave wouldn't stand for it either (LoL, he doesn't even like emoticons :P).

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Me neither- they move while you're reading them. So I'm glad that we just stumble on without them.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

hi from over the pond
Have a couple of species dahlia photos might be the right shape

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

woops.......entry date passed.....but here's another anyway

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

where is swan island ?

In Canby, Oregon.

http://www.dahlias.com/