Banner Image for the Dahlia Forum!

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, we now have a new banner image for the Coleus, Hosta, Daylily, Iris and Rose forum. I was D-Mailed with a request for the Dahlia forum to be next so here I am. :)

So whoever wants to, post your dahlia photos as submissions for the new banner for the Dahlia forum. I'll take those and put them into the banner image so everyone can see what they'll really look like as banners; then ya'll can vote on which one will be used.

Guidelines:
---------------------------------------------------
• Please post only 3 (max) per person (otherwise we'll end up with 300 photos).
• The photos have to be at least 130 pixels tall and 800-999 pixels wide.
• The submitting will finish (so I can put the photos in the banner image and start the voting) on November 18, at 8:00 PM (Central Time)
---------------------------------------------------
Reminder: The best photos for this will probably not be the really close-up ones as the top and bottom of the photo will be cut off.

Ok, you can start posting photos!

-Paul-

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry about the two threads, folks; I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I've asked Dave to delete one. :

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Cool, Paul.
Will get some pics when I get home tonight. I was wondering about this.
Thanks for doing this!
Carol

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wooohooo! Glad I looked here today. Thanks for doing this Paul.....all of your banners have turned out great! Gotta go narrow down my choices now. :-)

my first one...

Thumbnail by mgh

second....

Thumbnail by mgh

third....

Thumbnail by mgh
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! Thank you for those beauties! What a treat.

Thanks Luv2Weed, but where's your photos? C'mon, lets gets some competition going here! ;-)

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't have any, but I hope to see others post more soon. I enjoy gazing at every photo submitted!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Ok, here are my upcoming 3 pictures of dahlias.
Don't have a lot of time to really study this, but these will have to do.
Carol

Thumbnail by daisyruffles
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

#2 picture

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Now, Mendy, are you happy????
LOL

Absolutely thrilled, Carol!! LOL Great pics!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's a bouquet.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Show N Tell - and you can tell.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Canby Centennial
This is always fun. Thanks! Sorry I put in these close ups though. I missed reading the directions.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2005 7:43 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Nice bouquet, Doss.
Wished I had taken some better ones of my bouquets.
But there is always next year!
Carol

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Mine will be a little less spectacular but I love these flowers enough to join in.
#1 Dahlia imperialis

Thumbnail by drdon
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

pic #2

Big arse white with several blooms over a foot across.

Thumbnail by drdon

Heehee! You never know what a little d-mail will do! Great photos everyone!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

#3 A pic of a seed dahlia

Good luck to us for a banner!

Daisyruffles, doss, Poochella, mgh, Lenjo.....show us the top guns and we'll be sure to get the banner.

best to all,
don

Thumbnail by drdon
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

#1 Hillcrest Kismet

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

#2 Bouquet

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

#3 Bouquet in mirror

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

OMG! I cannot compete with any of these beautiful photos. I vote for MGH's middle photo preferably showing a little slice of all colors in the background and the plethora of blooms.

But Carol's reds are stupendous as is Doss' bouquet. It shows the array of such intense colors, and don't you think that 'alfalfa pellets' aren't on my experiment list for the 06 season Doss!

Dr Don's BAW shows sheer size and number that I can never pull off because I bathe plants in nitrogen LOL! Well done, Don!

Candy no H20- Hillcrest Kismet was my singlemost favorite addition of many new flowers this year, unfortunately only two tubers came off the plant. Have you dug yours and is this normal, do you know?
Wonderful photos all. Any one of them would give this forum a wonderful banner.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Great pics you guys. NoH20, those flowers are amazing. Poochella, come on now, you could go back onto stuff you've already posted and knock the socks off of any competitor from the rose or even my other hangout, the orchid forum. Please post...please...lol.

best to you,
don

Thumbnail by drdon
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I hope everybody will post their pictures. What looks good as a regular photo doesn't always look so good as a banner. Plus the more we have to choose from, the merrier. So lets get lots of entries. I know I have seen tons of beautiful pictures on the dahlia forum. So come on, dahlia lovers, get those pictures up there.

Annie, this is the first year I grew Hillcrest Kismet and I really love it too. When I dug it up it only had 3 tubers. They were all large and all appeared to have eyes. One of them is the mother tuber. Normally I throw the mother tuber away but I am keeping this one just in case the others don't make it.

I am also curious about using alfalfa pellets on the dahlias. I used alfalfa tea (from alfalfa meal) several times this year. But now that I think about it, isn't alfalfa high in nitrogen? (Talk about a nitrogen bath.....)

This message was edited Nov 17, 2005 11:40 PM

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I have a lot of single shots, but few others.

Here is one bouquet I've always liked, but not only dahlias are included.

I hope it isn't gigantic...

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

One bouquet with pinks and yellows and BLUE TUPPERWARE lol! Let's hear it for blue tupperware!

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Even though this is more of a 'single shot' I really adore Painted Lady featured here, again with other non-dahlia flowers visible.

Thumbnail by Poochella

Love that "Rock N' Serve" Poochella! (I used to sell that blue Tupperware. ;-)

Great pics too! I bet they'll look great when they are "bannerized."

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

In that blue tupperware I spied my homemade whole wheat chocolate chip cookies! And I would give my right eye for one of them right now .....

Autumn Bouquet? Too Autumnal...

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Mixed Pinks?

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I've liked this gaggle of Polventon Supremes if it weren't for my hideous blue tarp hiding the dead lawn tractor in the background....

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Marlene Joy with Kari Blues and nothing else blue hiding in the background- no tarps, no Tupperware for a change!

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

If a banner stretched this Ivory Palaces it would be even bigger than in real life. I love this flower with the sun on it and it never hurts to look at it again...

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Little Honkas and yellow friends....not in very good focus

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

My last hurrah of cutting dahlias for 05. I will never make it as a National Geographic photographer : (

Thumbnail by Poochella
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

another of the 'last cut' photos- love that orange Hillcrest Kismet.

Thumbnail by Poochella

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.