Skillful Hand Adenium Garden aka eBay adenium_ko

Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

OK- so I am so stuck in this website http://web.my8d.net/ko0107144/desert1.htm and I can't get out- beautiful plants!
I found him as seller adenium_ko in Taiwan on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/Taiwan-Adenium-Desert-Rose-Seeds_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm , and am convinced that I want to try and get some seeds and maybe 5-10 grafted plants.

Has anyone any experience with him?
His feedback looks very good but that's a long way to ship a plant! Still- it is reasonable in cost IMO and I just may go for it.

And would there be an optimum time of year to get them/start seeds?

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

My friend Brad ordered from him, and his plants were shipped beautifully and packed very well. He was very pleased. They were wrapped very carefully in newspaper and had thick beautiful roots. I have been tempted to order from him for a long time, but I already have too many obsessions so I've put that thought on hold for now. I say go for it! I agree that his prices are very reasonable. You would pay a lot more in select nurseries around town here. It is always risky to ship in winter because you never know where your package is going to end up, but EMS, Global Express Mail, is a good International Shipping Service. Still, adeniums do adjust better to transport/transplant shock in warm weather so I recommend waiting until spring for grafts or rooted plants, but you can sow seeds indoors anytime.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

You may need an Import Certificate in your state to get plants from Thailand. I got one in my state, and it was easy to get. Here's a link: http://doacs.state.fl.us/

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

You can start adenium from seed anytime of year as long as you can provide them with heat and light. I started some from seed last winter that did wonderfully.

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

Ko's stuff always comes into the USA through New York, which I assume is the main port of entry for the East Coast for Taiwanese goods. If it is cold there it is best to wait until spring. Ko has great plants. You used to be able to order a lot of plants from his site and not Ebay. He seems to be gravitating more towards Ebay now.

Anyway, it is obvious he takes great care and big orders arrive in long, white boxes with beautiful color adenium flower pictures adornin them. A nice touch indeed. I have attached some pics of Ko's handiwork.

Brad

Thumbnail by Ncasselberryfla
Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

open boxes

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

plants...

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

individual packed plant..

Geneva, FL(Zone 9b)

In closing---shipping is expensive as____, but the quaility is very good. Also, make sure you have an import permit and that Mr. Ko provides and phyto-sanitary certificate if you don't want problems with Customs.

Brad

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I ordered three varieties of adenium seeds from Ko.
He is very nice and good to deal with.
I had 90% germination, and am very happy with the purchase....all the babies are fat and growing fast.
I'll definitely deal with him again.
Sharon in Phoenix

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.