What's in your greenhouse??

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Plants are tucked in,how about yours?
Cold wind and snow heading down into the central plains tonite,so be prepared!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

again

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

more

Thumbnail by Tropicman
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well looks like you are all set then! Sorry to hear about that weather. It's supposed to come our way too!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,the wind has been non stop all day,gusty to 50 mph,and cold!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well at least MY greenhouse won't blow away...since I don't have one yet! LOL!!
Tornado warnings here...earlier...and watches out till 10 P.M....cold front movin in!! 60 some degrees right now though..and windy!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Seems the fall weather is becoming more like the spring weather,as far as the tornadoes keep coming,and very heavy rainfall,I saw on the news that they think global warming may be 3 to 9* warmer the next century,I hope they can turn things around,if not don't believe it's gonna be very pretty!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yeah...I agree!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the jungle looks wonderful ;)
The plants look very healthy and happy there,,,thats where id bunker down!!! My GH is almost empty to cold to keep it heated all winter! all the plants are in the house with us!

We had the mph wind gust and the tin roof on the shop is pointing towards heaven and now they say more storms and wind-it will have to wait to be fixed now as the snow is approaching too!!!

Hope all the evil storms miss you!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,it was warm in there when I came home from work,the sun really heats it up,almost double what the outside temp was,I set down in those wicker chairs with the fat padding,and snoozed right off!!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

What's in my greenhouse you ask?? I have lawn in the roof and cement porch in the windows! LOL I haven't had time to get it up yet. I have plants crammed in my new large garage, covering an area 24x4 give or take. I do have the finest in red neck carpet padding insulation out there so I hope they will be okay. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks great out there Don.
How big is that space again?

Our 3 are filled finally.
The new PorchHouse has taken a lot of the overfill strain off.
Amazing how adding 1/3 more GH space helps out.

We also took more plants than usual into work.
All the bananas except the Bordelon (PH) and Basjoo (Yard) are in the warehouse.
Besides the Cardamom, Queen Palms and Yuccas we usually bring here.......
We took a large Xanth sag. in and put it in the entryway.
So far it's loving it. A new leaf opening and a pup has popped.

I'll try to get some shots up soon.

Ric

Fulton, MO

I got an early Xmas present: 3 guava, mango 'Carrie,' lychee, 4 new citrus. They are competing for space with the bananas, BOP, toms, peppers, lettuce, sega palms, others. Burned a little propane last night with a low of 16*F. SB

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Chele,laying out the red carpet for your plants,nothing like spoiling them!!!!

Ric,your work warehouse,must be a life saver,bringing the big plants to work with you!!!

I love how you greenhoused the front breezeway porch,just when you think you have all that extra room,it's full beyond your wildest imagination!!!

16 x 24 ,I thought would give me plenty extra room,wrong!!!!
But it eased the crowding everything together,like I normally do!

SB,
16* Brrr I bet they loved that propane heat too!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.