The Cows came a calling

Boone, IA

I love country life. About 4:00 I was starting a fire in the wood burner in the basement when the dog started barking at the front door. That's usually about the time the kids who have a farm next door but don't live there come to visit when their dad does chores. What a surprise when Boston (the cow) and Slowpoke (the other cow) were at my front door. The dog was going berserk and I quickly got on the phone to tell the neighbor his cows were out. Then I went out to try to talk them into going back home. I'm not a cow whisperer. They ran away from me (even Slowpoke) despite my best efforts.

Fortunately, after a call tonight, our neighbor rounded them up and both cows are back at home tonight. I love country life.

Nancy

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!