Clitoria Double Blue putting on a show

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

My plants LOVE this weather, nights in the low 70's, days in mid to upper 80's......perfect for tropicals!

Thumbnail by Calalily
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

okay im envious. beautiful!!!!!!!

Edinburg, TX

WOW!!! That is gorgeous. I had one of those vines show up in my front flower bed...probably from a mix of seeds I tossed out. It is growing up a hummingbird feeder pole and putting out lots of blooms too.

Have you seen any butterflies nectaring from yours? Am thinking the Long-tail skipper (urbanus proteus) uses the vine as a larval host. I keep checking mine for eggs or caterpillars but haven't found any yet.

~ Cat (south tip of Texas)

...here's a photo of the butterfly that I think uses it as a larval host. In this photo it is nectaring on duranta repens.

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, Susie.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Susie, mine never looked so good!

I've seen the long tailed butterflies on the duranta, but not on the clitoria. The only cats I've found were the io moth cats(a painful discovery I might add). Now I'm very careful when I check for seed pods.
This vine is very pretty in spring, blooms off and on in summer and really takes off in the fall. It also sets more seed pods in the fall than it does in the summer.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Susie, Boy would I love to have your weather. We will be getting our first frost any night now.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

me too on your weather. our cold is coming and hopefully some rain too. fingers crossed. since you got better climate does yours tuber? and come back each year?

you ever have to many seeds let me know. i will give homes as these my mom , neighbors(very picky people trying to cover fence line on my side with things they wont object too) and hubby like.

They make tubers, they make little plantlets on the ends of the roots, they come back every year(they stay green all year unless we have unusual weather)
We are getting a cold spell tonight, going to be 53!

Mc Call Creek, MS

Oh NO! Not 53!!!!

'Love that electric blue color of those!

Kay

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

gosh i would love some cold right now. our weather is so wacky right now. the other day it was 32 now tonight at 10.00 its in the low 80s had to turn my air back on.

cool i had heard they make tubers but they are more annuals here . no telling what our weather si gonna be one day to the next. hehe

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.